Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in my TM3, for a TM3, need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super-short background (feel free to skip): bought a TM3 LR AWD FSD (gotta love those abbreviations) in March. Got screwed over by Tesla Norway and got stuck with a car that just gets one new issue after another. My car has started disconnecting and I can seldom wake it from the app. It's -5 Celsius out side and I can't pre-warm my €55k car, Spotify stopped working and there are a bunch of other things wrong they they are struggling to fix.

So I've accepted that I'm losing €10k on this car, and trading it in for a new TM3. I've decided to get an LR AWD White/White with a tow hitch (for reselling purposes). Considering FSD again but I can't really see which value it adds (actual FSD will never work in Norway).

1) is there any other option(s) I should get?
2) can I use a referral code even though I already own one car?

Does not Norway have some law that says if dealer cant fix the issue after so many tries, you can return the damn car? In California its calle d Lemon law.

1 - so you spend $6k on FSD and want to spend again? unless you are getting some money back, its tough choice?
2 - You should be able to use your own referral code to buy another car.

Have to admire you, i for one would really second guess myself buying same model again after first one has not been good to me. good luck!

Reactions: Drax and Mrcarcrazy
Super-short background (feel free to skip): bought a TM3 LR AWD FSD (gotta love those abbreviations) in March. Got screwed over by Tesla Norway and got stuck with a car that just gets one new issue after another. My car has started disconnecting and I can seldom wake it from the app. It's -5 Celsius out side and I can't pre-warm my €55k car, Spotify stopped working and there are a bunch of other things wrong they they are struggling to fix.

So I've accepted that I'm losing €10k on this car, and trading it in for a new TM3. I've decided to get an LR AWD White/White with a tow hitch (for reselling purposes). Considering FSD again but I can't really see which value it adds (actual FSD will never work in Norway).

or refer yourself. :)

I could understand this better if you decided that you wanted a performance model 3, and let the issues with yours talk you into an early upgrade, so to speak. The issues you describe are software, so you run the very real risk of having the same issues.

That aside, if this is what you want to do, to answer your questions as posed:

1. The car comes with basic AP and since you already have experience with FSD in your ownership, and are asking the question, that means you are not sold on it. I would skip it this time in your situation.

2. Yes you can order from your own referral link (self refer).

We have a "lemon law" in Norway, but it has to be substantial errors, and it has to be the same issue 3 times or different issues 5 times. So far I've only had the same issue 2 times.
Apart from the "my car can't connect to a mobile or WiFi network" issue I recently had paid service to replace the roof. The car has considerably more road noise now, and it leaks cold like crazy and has an annoying vibration noise. Every month there's a new issue with my car, and every time it's in the shop they made some small thing worse. It's been 7 months of nightmare, and I lose €500 every time I have to drive to the service center in lost billings (I'm an independent contractor).

I just want a hassle-free car, and from what I've seen the current batches of TM3 are just that.
Also, this time I know that I can deliver the car back without an appointment, when I got my first one I tried calling them (to no avail) for 4-5 days before getting an answer, and by then they told me the 7 day return policy had run out. I don't live near a Tesla dealer center, but I should have just made the drive. I just assumed they wouldn't take my car back without an appointment.

Asfor FSD, I don't know what that package gives me. Navigate on AP doesn't really work for 90%of the roads over here, and if I'm not mistaken that's the only thing FSD gives?

We have a "lemon law" in Norway, but it has to be substantial errors, and it has to be the same issue 3 times or different issues 5 times. So far I've only had the same issue 2 times.
Apart from the "my car can't connect to a mobile or WiFi network" issue I recently had paid service to replace the roof. The car has considerably more road noise now, and it leaks cold like crazy and has an annoying vibration noise. Every month there's a new issue with my car, and every time it's in the shop they made some small thing worse. It's been 7 months of nightmare, and I lose €500 every time I have to drive to the service center in lost billings (I'm an independent contractor).

I just want a hassle-free car, and from what I've seen the current batches of TM3 are just that.
Also, this time I know that I can deliver the car back without an appointment, when I got my first one I tried calling them (to no avail) for 4-5 days before getting an answer, and by then they told me the 7 day return policy had run out. I don't live near a Tesla dealer center, but I should have just made the drive. I just assumed they wouldn't take my car back without an appointment.

Asfor FSD, I don't know what that package gives me. Navigate on AP doesn't really work for 90%of the roads over here, and if I'm not mistaken that's the only thing FSD gives?

FSD now gives everything that was in the Enhanced autopilot package before.... things like automatic lane change, NOA, summon / smart summon... probably the auto parking stuff too. Not sure on that as I have only had 1 model 3, and mine had EAP when I bought it, then I upgraded to FSD so I have never had a model 3 that was "missing features in other packages" so I am not sure 100% on current package compilation.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Well if you get a new one you'll lose the frunk hooks :p

Jokes aside, I would list all the issues and contact Tesla's regional management, I know EVs are more affordable in Nordic countries due to various government incentives but man you are giving up a lot of money for something that's not your fault at all.
If you order standard AP you'll lose Navigate on AP, smart summon, and auto park.

Jokes aside, I would list all the issues and contact Tesla's regional management, I know EVs are more affordable in Nordic countries due to various government incentives but man you are giving up a lot of money for something that's not your fault at all.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. But if not...
or refer yourself. :)

Reactions: jjrandorin
Well if you get a new one you'll lose the frunk hooks :p

If you order standard AP you'll lose Navigate on AP, smart summon, and auto park.
Navigate on AP doesn't really work over here (panic breaking for overhead passes, confirm route lane changes up to 70km away from the intersection). I only tested autopark once, it spent a long time before failing. I'm happy parking myself anyway.

I'm not sure what smart summon is, but summon never works on my current car. I hold either of the direction buttons, the car turns on, makes an assessment for 5-10 seconds, then turns off. Wait a few more seconds and the app shows me either an error or just "summon stopped". I spent several minutes summoning it into a tight parking spot once.

Is it different for you guys? Whenever I have it in for service Tesla just says "no error found".