Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in my Y for a 2020 X 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all trading in my 2020 Performance model Y for a 2020 LRPlus X, 7 seater configuration with 20” wheels
Carvana is dropping it off tomorrow. Anything I should doubly check before I accept? They said I could take it for a 20-30 minute drive no problem, so I’ll take it down the interstate for a bit to check for shudder issues. Anything else?

Reactions: scottf200
Thanks, I had it dropped off about 2 weeks. So far so good. Havnt noticed any shutter. Drives much different than my performance Y that’s for sure. Brakes are a little sticky feeling when starting out. I think it was sitting for awhile. It’s faded a bit as I’ve tried to use them a fair bit with hard stops, still feel a little sticking though.

We moved to being a single car family back in 2020, so wanted something a little larger. We recently moved closer to family and the kids and their friends are getting bigger too so wanted more space. Those were the main reasons.
We’ll add another vehicle back in a year or two. Maybe
So far so good. Will be interesting to see how it does on a road trips . It feels like a decent amount more space compared to the Y.
It took a bit of getting use to. The Performance Y felt very stiff and tight to the road which has its pros and cons.
I miss the acceleration but the X isn’t any slouch so am pretty happy there. Took a awhile to get use to the heaviness on braking. Definitely needs a little more time for regen but it was pretty easy to get used to. Over all very happy with the trade.

Amazing, thanks for the feedback. I just bought a 2017 X 90D after debating between that and a new Y. Didn’t want to wait for the Y and didn’t want to be in a position where I’d outgrow the Y / want more space. Free unlimited SuC was a factor too - but obviously reading lots about using SuCs too much. Had a mobile technician come who said it’s OK as long as it’s not daily and generally keep the car between 20-80%. Getting a 32A Commando installed today so hopefully that will help getting more AC to the car…