Ok, so I ordered my P85D the night it was announced, thinking that my P85+ would hold its value decently well and that I'd have no trouble selling my car. To recap, my P85+ had a $120K sticker (before credits) and has only 4200 miles and is, without exaggeration, flawless. It's been opti-coated and shows like new, so surely someone would find it appealing at a nice discount to a new factory car. The car is just about a year old. After many weeks of listing on eBay and other places, price reductions, etc I'm convinced that values have taken a pretty hefty hit. Most buyers are using D pricing as a reference point. After many discussions with Tesla, the best offer I could get from them was $87K. If I take my original car's price, subtract credits and add tax, we are talking about a $33k bath after one year. I think it's reasonable to look at half of this $33K as a 'usage cost' (ie, I drove the car for 12 months, and transportation costs money whether I buy, rent, lease a car, or use uber or taxi everyday) and the other half a true 'hit', or money lost beyond my cost of usage. I can easily absorb the hit and want the P85D, but would like your opinion. Am I an idiot for doing this? Certainly if I view it through a financial lens, I am. Are others taking similar losses to upgrade? I guess I'm just looking for 3rd party validation for what I'm about to do No but seriously, seeing others with similar upgrading experiences would make me feel better. Thanks for listening.