Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Trading in? Parcel Shelf donations wanted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're a Model S owner about to trade in your Model S on a new P85D, 70D etc. have you thought about your parcel shelf?

For many the parcel shelf wasn't free, it was a $250 upgrade which seemed a lot for what it did.

When your trade in is valued you will most likely not receive any extra money for the fact that you have a parcel shelf (I have yet to find any evidence that they credit you for it).

Why not sell it or charge a nominal rate to cover shipping etc to an existing owner?

You could either:
a) Make a few extra $ on your trade
OR
b) Make an owner without the parcel shelf very happy to get a bargain.

One method is Ebay of course. Another is by having people who are interested in getting one posting here and then doing a direct message to them if you have one to unload prior to the trade in.

Consider me interested but only if its basically just shipping.

I really hope you don't work in advertising.

Nope, just an engineer. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

I have one parcel shelf which I purchased for the car I traded in. I also have a frunk all weather matt and rear shade for sale.
let me know if any one is interested. I have listed all 3 items on eBay.

Yeah, see these kinds of "deals":
Tesla Rear Lift Gate Sun Shade, model S Parcel Shelf, Model S Front Trunk Mat
For $385
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Rear-Lift-Gate-Sun-Shade-model-S-Parcel-Shelf-Model-S-Front-Trunk-Mat-/181731824490?hash=item2a500f936a&vxp=mtr

Are what I was hoping to avoid.

I was talking about owners basically throwing away parcel shelves with a trade in and willing to help out an existing owner with a bargain.

This is why its not on the marketplace forum (thanks @Trnsl8r for your sarcastic post) but here trying to catch people as they do trade-ins and are essentially getting nothing in return for parts they could take out before trading.

I'm supportive of this thread. I have a parcel shelf that is still in the box, never opened, only because it didn't exactly work with the rear facing seats. I thought I would be folding up those seats more than I did and that the shelf would be valuable to keep prying eyes out. As it turns out, tinting has been very effective.

When I got a trade-in quote, I'm pretty sure they asked about parcel shelf, which means they're offering something for it. Any other aftermarket stuff, you're right.. they're not going to give you anything for it.

As a side note, I really noticed the lack of heat-blocking tint on the windows and the presence of such on the pano roof. OMG I can't wait to get the car properly tinted because it is a stark difference!