TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trading in? Parcel Shelf donations wanted

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by tliving, May 13, 2015.

1. tliving

tliving Member

If you're a Model S owner about to trade in your Model S on a new P85D, 70D etc. have you thought about your parcel shelf?

For many the parcel shelf wasn't free, it was a $250 upgrade which seemed a lot for what it did.

When your trade in is valued you will most likely not receive any extra money for the fact that you have a parcel shelf (I have yet to find any evidence that they credit you for it).

Why not sell it or charge a nominal rate to cover shipping etc to an existing owner?

You could either:
    a) Make a few extra $ on your trade
    OR
    b) Make an owner without the parcel shelf very happy to get a bargain.

One method is Ebay of course. Another is by having people who are interested in getting one posting here and then doing a direct message to them if you have one to unload prior to the trade in.

Consider me interested but only if its basically just shipping.

2. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

I really hope you don't work in advertising.

3. Matt

Matt Member

I have one parcel shelf which I purchased for the car I traded in. I also have a frunk all weather matt and rear shade for sale.
    let me know if any one is interested. I have listed all 3 items on eBay.

4. pmoa

pmoa Member

I'm interested matt

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I would be interested as well. I plan to get the all weather mats as well, but have to find one for the older frunks, before they moved the DC-DC converter and shortened the frunk 2 inches.

6. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

7. tliving

tliving Member

Nope, just an engineer. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, see these kinds of "deals":
    Tesla Rear Lift Gate Sun Shade, model S Parcel Shelf, Model S Front Trunk Mat
    For $385
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Rear-Lift-Gate-Sun-Shade-model-S-Parcel-Shelf-Model-S-Front-Trunk-Mat-/181731824490?hash=item2a500f936a&vxp=mtr

Are what I was hoping to avoid.

I was talking about owners basically throwing away parcel shelves with a trade in and willing to help out an existing owner with a bargain.

This is why its not on the marketplace forum (thanks @Trnsl8r for your sarcastic post) but here trying to catch people as they do trade-ins and are essentially getting nothing in return for parts they could take out before trading.

8. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

When I got a trade-in quote, I'm pretty sure they asked about parcel shelf, which means they're offering something for it. Any other aftermarket stuff, you're right.. they're not going to give you anything for it.

9. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I'm supportive of this thread. I have a parcel shelf that is still in the box, never opened, only because it didn't exactly work with the rear facing seats. I thought I would be folding up those seats more than I did and that the shelf would be valuable to keep prying eyes out. As it turns out, tinting has been very effective.

10. pmoa

pmoa Member

This is mutually beneficial. I would like one due to my golf bag being in the back all the time. Would love to snag one of these.

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

As a side note, I really noticed the lack of heat-blocking tint on the windows and the presence of such on the pano roof. OMG I can't wait to get the car properly tinted because it is a stark difference!