Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in X for accord.

doghousePVD

My grandfather’s car
Dec 3, 2018
New England, USA
Talks a lot, says little. He is complaining about his edge case of needing more range. Boring.

EVs do not fit everybody's needs. No car fits everybody's needs. An F-150 and parking in NYC? A Mini and an obese driver? A Ferrari in the snow? A BMW and five kids? An Accord for off-road? A diesel vehicle in -30˚ weather and no garage? etc.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
PNW
Talks a lot, says little. He is complaining about his edge case of needing more range. Boring.

EVs do not fit everybody's needs. No car fits everybody's needs. An F-150 and parking in NYC? A Mini and an obese driver? A Ferrari in the snow? A BMW and five kids? An Accord for off-road? A diesel vehicle in -30˚ weather and no garage? etc.
Exactly.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you

I disagree. The Delorean in back to the future is a vehicle that fits everybody’s needs. There isn’t a situation in the world where you’d need another car, if so just go back in time and change it until you no longer need anything else

jgrgnt

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2016
Orange County, CA
I didn't watch it. I don't care much for his videos and his click-baity style.

But if his gripe was range, those 22s on the Model X in the preview picture sure aren't doing him any favors.

I'm not surprised, though. Isn't this the same YouTuber who traded in his rear-drive Model S because the rear tires were bald and it was "unsafe to drive"?

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
So he buys the piggiest Tesla, at the highest price (two of them) and folks are supposed to take his advice?

Then swaps one for 5 year old Hybrid. If he's in an accident with his family, which would you rather be in? a 5 year old Honda or a 2018 Model X. I know which I'd want to be in.

I can't say he's wrong in theory, I didn't want to be 100% Electric either, so we got a 2019 Volt and a 2019 Raven X LR (Non P) with 20" wheels. We can be dynamically 100% electric and only use gas when absolutely needed.

And considering a Model S is ~25% Heavier than a Model 3, with 25% more battery and goes ~25% further (and the furthest), it's doing pretty darn good efficiency wise. And I don't think 5 minutes quicker total time for a "complete" charge on a 200 Kwh or 250 kWh would solve his problems.

There is always going to be improvements coming. So buy when ever you feel like it. No different than waiting for "next years" better phone.

rush6410

Sep 26, 2016
Montgomery TX
The title is total bull. He covers why he made a poor decision on going 100% electric by not running though his routine driving scenarios. So instead of acknowledging how ignorant he was for moving to all electric, he tries to be witty and smart on how he traded his Model X for an Accord. Instead of trying to be witty about a poor decision why not just be informative for ppl who are going through the same decisions before they make the same mistake.

DrEvil

Oct 18, 2018
Cerritos, CA (SoCal)
I teach my kids to be proud of their achievements (it's not arrogance) but to acknowledge when they've made a mistake and fess up. Guess that isn't click-bait worthy.

Humility. Not easily found in today's society, let alone YouTube.

VikH

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
Agree it’s another click bait video. Note this guy lives in rural USA and most of his videos complain about having to drive hours to the closest Service Center.

Reactions: Watts_Up

mal_tsla

Sep 29, 2016
Austin, TX
His next video is a commercial for some vaporware Mercedes that he thinks will go over 400 miles because Mercedes quotes useless WLTP figures... Much respect lost, WhatsInside.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC