Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading My 85D For P90D Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Not been on this forum for a while, so hello everyone!

I am hoping to get the P90D Ludicrous. Is this the best time to get one seeing it's just been face lifted? What about the rumoured 100 battery?

Any advice would be much welcomed. This website/forums was really helpfully during my purchase of the 85D. Thanks all in advance....

Kidding aside. You will get Elon's standard advice "now is the best time to by a Model S". Changes are continuously occurring and if you wait, you never get the car.... :)

With that said, I placed my next Model S (P90D) order back in Oct 2015. I knew about the refresh and hence waited until April. Once I see X seats and 100Kwh, I'm hitting the build button....

Hi All,

Not been on this forum for a while, so hello everyone!

I am hoping to get the P90D Ludicrous. Is this the best time to get one seeing it's just been face lifted? What about the rumoured 100 battery?

Any advice would be much welcomed. This website/forums was really helpfully during my purchase of the 85D. Thanks all in advance....
Autopilot 2.0 will be out at the end of this year. Not sure about the rumored 100 kwh battery, no one knows.

The 100 will probably be out when the Gigafactory has produced enough of the new batteries to fill the supply chain. The AP 2 will probably be out when it's ready. That could be sometime this year, or sometime next year.

I also wanted to ask if they are updating the seats to the Model S?

I understand it is difficult and if you think like this, you may never purchase the car as there will also be another update planned. But your advice and opinion is very much welcomed.

What would auto pilot 2.0 do? Would you be able to upgrade existing model to it? Is it a hardware change?

Is that for sure concerning autopilot 2.0?

Tesla hasn't said anything definite. There are rumors the cars being built now have the wiring for AP 2 and can be upgraded. If the wiring is there, it would require replacing the read view mirror assembly and possibly the radar unit under the nose. AP 2 is supposed to be capable of full autonomous driving, once the software in available, but it was a year between the AP 1 hardware becoming available and the software coming out. I would speculate the two will come out closer together next time, but there are no guarantees.

A schematic showing a new 3 camera system labeled 2016 Model S was leaked. That's the basis for most of the rumors.

I also wanted to ask if they are updating the seats to the Model S?

I understand it is difficult and if you think like this, you may never purchase the car as there will also be another update planned. But your advice and opinion is very much welcomed.

No word on the seats. There were rumors that the refresh was going to get the Model X seats, but because the X is taller, the seats in the X are probably taller too and they may not fit in the S.

Reactions: badboy1980
Tesla hasn't said anything definite. There are rumors the cars being built now have the wiring for AP 2 and can be upgraded. If the wiring is there, it would require replacing the read view mirror assembly and possibly the radar unit under the nose. AP 2 is supposed to be capable of full autonomous driving, once the software in available, but it was a year between the AP 1 hardware becoming available and the software coming out. I would speculate the two will come out closer together next time, but there are no guarantees.

A schematic showing a new 3 camera system labeled 2016 Model S was leaked. That's the basis for most of the rumors.

No word on the seats. There were rumors that the refresh was going to get the Model X seats, but because the X is taller, the seats in the X are probably taller too and they may not fit in the S.

Dear Wdolson,

Thank you. Hopefully the wiring is in there which would be great news. I'm not so fused about the seats. I think on the basis of your information I am going to go for it.... What do you think? LOL