Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading My 85D For P90D Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midnight Silver. No doubt ;) - delivery early september

compositor

• Love
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I love black, but the problem is that it shows the dirt to quick (white also has the same issue).
Opticoat :D

Black is more or less my favorite car color. Having had multiple solid black cars, I decided to give obsidian a go. It's a really awesome change-up and seems promising as a more forgiving coat in terms of maintenance than solid black. It's also like you're getting multiple colors in one. Direct light, metallic. In a dimmer setting, it's practically solid black.

If you love black but like metallic and lower maintenance, it might be worth a look!

Since you posted - are you going to tell us why you regret the P90DL?

I would guess because it's not a P100DL.

By the time P90DL is arrived, my 85D had issues for 6 months they couldn't fix. So I couldn't sell a problematic car privately, I had to trade in to Tesla. New car arrived about 3 weeks early, I wanted to wait until they've fixed the existing issues, but they told me that If I don't collect the new vehicle in 3 days(end of Q2), I'd lose my deposit and the new car.
This new car had slightly less problems, of course noone arranged a service appointment. 10 days later, I had a small accident. It stayed in body shop for 3 months, waiting for radar and front trim from Tesla. I didn't have a Tesla loaner.

Their defence was:"Since the facelift version is new, we have some sourcing issues".
Well, don't produce the new cars then, fix the existing ones first. Facelift started production in April, accident happened in July. The parts arrived in October (from Mars?).

While my fully price paid car lying in the body shop, waiting for parts, Tesla was trying to build as much as they can(quote from Elon), selling as much as cars they can. A similar spec brand new inventory car is sold with £24000 discount. Total of 17 cars has been discounted hugely as far as I can see. New customers were able to drive in 3 days, I was still waiting my car to be fixed.

P100DL and AP2 released, which I was told by the sale advisor not to worry when I ordered, since they are years away. That caused huge depreciation. When I've asked how much would be my almost brand new 300 miles car's trade in value if I wanted to get the new P100DL, they've offered %35 less money than I've paid.

My car came back, they done a terrible job(paint defects and alignment problems on the front bumper) and they didn't fix the warranty problems I've told them. It is going back now, god knows when it will come back.

So yeah, I've regret it big time. I've ordered this car in April, still couldn't drive it properly. Tesla's lack of communication, QC and business practices frustrated me.

I still like the car, love how it drives, but I wish I didn't buy it. At least didn't upgrade. Bye the way, P90DL is not very much faster than 85D. At least, you don't feel it much.

• Informative
Reactions: Gig103 and davidc18
So yeah, I've regret it big time. I've ordered this car in April, still couldn't drive it properly. Tesla's lack of communication, QC and business practices frustrated me.

I still like the car, love how it drives, but I wish I didn't buy it. At least didn't upgrade. Bye the way, P90DL is not very much faster than 85D. At least, you don't feel it much.

Thanks for the large post. I'm sorry that you were having those issues and that your loaner was not even a Tesla - adds to the sting of the delay for sure.

Reactions: xborg
By the time P90DL is arrived, my 85D had issues for 6 months they couldn't fix. So I couldn't sell a problematic car privately, I had to trade in to Tesla. New car arrived about 3 weeks early, I wanted to wait until they've fixed the existing issues, but they told me that If I don't collect the new vehicle in 3 days(end of Q2), I'd lose my deposit and the new car.
This new car had slightly less problems, of course noone arranged a service appointment. 10 days later, I had a small accident. It stayed in body shop for 3 months, waiting for radar and front trim from Tesla. I didn't have a Tesla loaner.

Their defence was:"Since the facelift version is new, we have some sourcing issues".
Well, don't produce the new cars then, fix the existing ones first. Facelift started production in April, accident happened in July. The parts arrived in October (from Mars?).

While my fully price paid car lying in the body shop, waiting for parts, Tesla was trying to build as much as they can(quote from Elon), selling as much as cars they can. A similar spec brand new inventory car is sold with £24000 discount. Total of 17 cars has been discounted hugely as far as I can see. New customers were able to drive in 3 days, I was still waiting my car to be fixed.

P100DL and AP2 released, which I was told by the sale advisor not to worry when I ordered, since they are years away. That caused huge depreciation. When I've asked how much would be my almost brand new 300 miles car's trade in value if I wanted to get the new P100DL, they've offered %35 less money than I've paid.

My car came back, they done a terrible job(paint defects and alignment problems on the front bumper) and they didn't fix the warranty problems I've told them. It is going back now, god knows when it will come back.

Lemon Law?