Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading my TM3 for a TM3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would write a letter to Tesla, and copy the service center where you had issues, and just let them know your situation, and that you are ordering another Tesla, and believe in the product. Maybe they’ll throw you a bone.
Who would I send the letter to? In Norway they have a catch-all email address that they pretty much admitted they never read.

Will definitely try this if there's someone who actually read and might sympathize with me.

I would do the same thing...sometimes you get bad luck and end up with a lemon and there is no fixing some of the issues...better to take the loss and get the car that you want...i went to my first service appt yesterday and was pleasantly surprised how efficient and good they were...I was expecting the worst.

Also, don't bother trying to call them...scheduling everything on there phone app or on your online account so much more efficient and better at scheduling service appts.

Who would I send the letter to? In Norway they have a catch-all email address that they pretty much admitted they never read.

Will definitely try this if there's someone who actually read and might sympathize with me.
You could try these, even though North America is not your region, still worth a shot... maybe get fsd moved over for free, free supercharging. If your complaints are totally Legit, they should make it right. Squeaky wheel.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Did they transfer your FSD over to the new car or did you have to buy it all over again even though the original FSD was never delivered? Why not post some pictures of your panel gaps?
Didn't re-buy it, I decided to throw the money into performance instead. The panel gapps are within accepted range, so you have definitely seen worse on this forum. It was meant to tell the entire experience. I can take pictures but I'm not sure to what purpose. I wouldn't complain if that was the only thing.

At a minimum send a tweet to Elon with short summary and link to your longer post here?
I'll try, maybe I'll get my few minutes of fame :)

You could try these, even though North America is not your region, still worth a shot... maybe get fsd moved over for free, free supercharging. If your complaints are totally Legit, they should make it right. Squeaky wheel.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Thanks, appreciate it! My claims are legit, I wouldn't buy a new one if I thought this was what I should expect from all of them.

Just want to underline it again, I LOVE driving this car. I can prove all my claims as well should anyone doubt me.

I saw a chart and article about defects per month and March 2019, when European deliveries started, was the worst. Nov 2019 (mine) was one of the best. Truly hope your next is better. I did not buy FSD, the preview was just not worth it, I like driving the car.

I saw a chart and article about defects per month and March 2019, when European deliveries started, was the worst. Nov 2019 (mine) was one of the best. Truly hope your next is better. I did not buy FSD, the preview was just not worth it, I like driving the car.
Lucky me! I was assigned a Nov2019 car a couple of days ago, existing selection which is going to be shipped from Belgium, estimated delivery in December.

My point was since product was not delivered, they should transfer to a new car. You basically threw another $6k out the window. I doubt they will resell that car with the feature included.
I was told that the quote took that into account, so I would get an even lower trade-in sum if I hadn't bought FSD. I asked whether I could "bring it with me", it was a flat no. Talked to the concierge service and they just told me to schedule more service appointments, because they couldn't offer me anything special (I sent roughly the same content as in the op to them).

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
I sent them a lengthy email just now, and tried tweeting to Elon. I'm not expecting anything, but I'll let you know if I get any response.

Reactions: house9
I was told that the quote took that into account, so I would get an even lower trade-in sum if I hadn't bought FSD. I asked whether I could "bring it with me", it was a flat no. Talked to the concierge service and they just told me to schedule more service appointments, because they couldn't offer me anything special (I sent roughly the same content as in the op to them).
This is exactly the reason why I didn't even consider FSD before the recent $1k price hike. I debated it since it would upgrade my AP 2.5 to 3 but in the end, all I'm getting is cones displaying on the MCU and smaller files for Sentry because of CODEC they use in HW3. You can get into a wreck the next day and even though you never had FSD enabled on the car, you lose it if you buy a replacement car.

This is exactly the reason why I didn't even consider FSD before the recent $1k price hike. I debated it since it would upgrade my AP 2.5 to 3 but in the end, all I'm getting is cones displaying on the MCU and smaller files for Sentry because of CODEC they use in HW3. You can get into a wreck the next day and even though you never had FSD enabled on the car, you lose it if you buy a replacement car.
I have to agree with part of this. The part is, you lose your car, you lose FSD of which we have yet to be able to use. There should be some kind of transfer program. If they can remotely give it to you with a SW switch, then they really should move that to another vehicle in the case of an accident or some loss of vehicle. It’s not like it has any value. It’s new territory so I think it warrants some thought.

New, unfortunate update:
Got a new service appointment today, they finally got a new steering wheel for me, does not look like I will be getting the same leather one I had originally.
2 hours later the issue with the car not being able to connect to GSM/3G/LTE showed up again. This time I took pictures and a 30s video while my fiancee was driving. Pictures are a few minutes apart with timestamp so I hope that's proof enough for them.

5th service since delivery < 8 months ago, all service appointments are between August 3rd and December 11th (for the upcoming one).
Sent a new email to the local Tesla service center, begged them to reconsider letting me switch to a new car.

To anyone who came here via twitter and teslaq related hashtags:
I'm getting a new car, not only because I love the TM3, but also because it's the best long range EV available on the market. If you don't believe in science and climate change I can't help you, I hope you have a great life and don't cause problems for others.

Tesla service in Norway is horrible, awful, just the worst. I got a new one because mine was an exception. The new one is brilliant.

Reactions: house9
Same here, got 09/19 build AWD model VIN 492xxx, that car was a disaster, it had long enough list of cosmetic and functional issues, plus it had developed 2 serious safety deffects, which qualifes the car for a lemon in WA.
We settled the case with the Tesla, now I am waiting for the 2020 sleeper performance to be delivered.

Reactions: house9 and Marius A