Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started buying too early today but added more on the deeper dip. I see quite a bit of support not too far below us. There will likely be a confluence of support between $205 and $210 with the 20 MA moving into that range over the next few days. I think that will be a good spot to add if we get down that far.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
Decent profits on both my TSLA and ALB trades yesterday and today. I’m just trying to buy a small daily bottoms on lithium stocks as I see them and not be afraid to cash in small wins.

I thought TSLA should rebound higher a bit quicker than this but that $180ish bottom looks just as convincing as ever long term if you zoom out :)

Reactions: bdy0627
Sorry for the messy chart, but I see a lot of reasons why the stock should find support in any pullback down below $215. I think it would take really negative news or a big market drop to get down below $205 again.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.18.09 PM.png

This is what I was expecting and was ready to buy but the big push down to 221 happened. Low volume too. Not so sure anymore.

well as Hock1 said in the regular thread, don’t short a quiet market

to me there is a difference between today’s particular trading day volume versus a “holiday lull” as we’ve seen in july 4 and xmas-to-new years-type bear raids in the last handful of years.

i still have hope we can rise enough before 4th of july holiday

Once we get convincingly above the 50 MA, more buyers should show up for a nice climb. I see us climbing into the report rather than remaining flat or dropping. I think the market response to the report, assuming it's around 86-90k will be dictated by what happens leading up. If we climb quite a bit, which I think we will once we get above the 50 MA, then I would expect a sell the news. If we don't climb much from here or drop then I don't think we get a sell the news. The other factor we do have to consider is the low volume July 4th holiday shenanigans. Market closes at 1 pm on July 3rd, closed July 4th, then open July 5th (Friday). Stock could definitely be vulnerable July 3rd and 5th. I will probably reduce my call positions on July 2nd.

Reactions: Boomer19
another waste of a day i’ll never get back in life :rolleyes:

clearly nobody seems too scared about tesla habit a decent quarter. and if 85-90k or more delivery quarter means 220 stock price that’s ridiculous

if we find there has been no large accumulation of shares by anyone during this downtrend, that’ll be more impressive (and scary) than what shorts have accomplished.

Last edited:
I think the Goldman analysis saying Q3 will again be bad has probably given pause to some. May be a few things coming out have also put a question mark on whether Tesla will hit 90k or not.

I bought some calls today but sold before the market went down.