Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just would like to share.

I sold my options, expiring Jan 17/20 , right before the run up. At one point they were down about 90 per cent. I sold them for anywhere from 50-75 per cent loss when TSLA was in the 260-280 range. Some I held as they literally were worth nothing at that point (eg. my 700 call options). I did not roll them, as took a significant loss and waited too long to change course. Of course if I had those same options expiring next year, I would have 30x gains. Just saying, timing is everything in options, and I of course bought my calls, thinking we have nowhere to go but up. at the time.. Admittingly it feels different this time, but just a cautionary note.

Bought back in at low $464 missing a few buck of gains after I saw it gap back up after the sell off. Such violent buying :) Maybe it really is going past $500 after all.

short covering has to be having a huge impact, and I think too many people are scared to initiate new short positions at this price level still, worried it will go higher yet.

Bought back the $490 calls and sold $475 calls to open a "free" bull spread with a max gain of $640 per spread at $475 or above.

Sold $490 calls again today. Still holding the "free" bull call spreads. Also opened some $500 / $480 put credit spreads expiring 1/17 with a max loss of $200 per spread and sold $520 covered calls at $2.40 to cover the max loss.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
I *need* to see a short interest graph. Ihor hasn't been posting it lately it seems.

he’ll have no clue in a run like this. it’ll take time for dust to settle and see what brokers are doing on the lending side for a few days to get a grip on the ramifications.

you can borrow tesla at 1.4% and nobody wants it. only banks are loaning. there’s no incentive for brokers that split the yield with their customers at these rates.

it might not be 100% squeeze but there’s definitely some % factoring in

• Informative
Bought 50 shares at £16 ($26) in I think Sept 12...
Sold a third at $80 lol , a third at $340 and running the other 17 shares.
Always said we would get to here so should of had more conviction.
Can Tesla go to Apple valuations long term ?

Pound Sterling falling in that time has helped also

I bought my short squeeze FOMO insurance today as this could be the mythical short squeeze beast we have all been discussing for many years. I still think the odds are against it, but today's trading was the most "squeezy" I ever remember (very high volume and large gain on no news after weeks of a steady rise). I don't want to miss out on a real squeeze by only having my regular long position (lots of shares and some LEAPs) and want to take advantage if there is a sudden spike so I bought 100 contracts worth of various way OTM calls expiring over the next 2 months. Even though I fully expect this position I bought today to amount to nothing, I sold some medium-term OTM puts to pay for most of it. Worst-case scenario is the stock drops and I have to roll the puts or buy more shares. If the SP does spike into the 700-900 range, I feel ready to take major advantage of it now.

I’m only a buyer at this price level at this moment in Tesla’s history if we are in a squeeze. To be honest, I didn’t think the China progress or the current profit levels of these past 2 quarters would warrant this meteoric rise. I’ll play along though.

Both Q4 financials and battery day should be well received. Only potential black swans I can think of is if there are regulatory or legal setbacks for autopilot.

You start to wonder if a new wave of shorts will come along at much higher valuations. Everyone is still too scared to do that though while the old guard continue to be obliterated.

• Informative
I keep selling TSLA, and TSLA keeps being 75% of ever growing balance?
Perpetuum mobile I think...

BTW, I've been visiting my brother in Serbia for a month now. I came here with TSLA at $335, and we're at $492 now. I'm thinking about postponing my flight back home, to not jinx stock.

However, kids are missing me, and it's most likely I'll be flying back to Toronto on Saturday. You've been warned! :)