TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Standard?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Sparktz, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Sparktz

Sparktz S 90D, X 90D

Is Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (TACC) standard now, or does it require the Enhanced Autopilot package? I can't find anything on Tesla's ordering page that mentioned TACC.

2. Xenius

Xenius Member

This is just an educated guess based on reading the same pages you apparently did, but I think you need the "Enhanced Autopilot" option for TACC.

It looks like "active safety" features are being released as OTA upgrades, but I doubt TACC would be classified under "active safety".

3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I'd be really surprised, and delighted. This would mean a $5000 discount for me on my next Tesla. Autosteer is cool and all, but not worth the cash outlay to me. I wouldn't want to do without TACC, though. No way.

• Like x 1
  4. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

I would love to see TACC as a standalone feature , AP1 is great for me but I am too afraid of AP2. Someday AP2 will be great too.. I just know it :) l0l

• Funny x 1
  5. redy

redy Member

Agree. TACC is the game changer in driving. I love autosteer too, so I would pay for AP but not as much of an impact as TACC. I always have to have adaptive cruise control on my cars going forward, be it Tesla or otherwise.

• Like x 1
  6. Sparktz

Sparktz S 90D, X 90D

I was able to get a hold of someone at Tesla and they confirmed that you have to have Enhanced Autopilot for TACC.

Thanks all!

• Informative x 2
  7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I believe TACC is part of EAP. If you don't pay for the EAP option you don't get TACC you get "regular" Cruise Control.