Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic camera locator.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the UK and am looking at the best way to fit a speed camera tracker.
The problem seems to be the Tesla screen, but I was told that many owners had fitted them,
clipped to the rear view mirror??
I have a Road Angel but would be happy to consider another make, to clip on?
All advice greatly appreciated!

I do not have experience with that product. However I can say that the metallic coating on the windscreen prevents most devices from sensing through the glass, aside from visual cameras. There was a period in production where there was a small section of the screen to the upper right of the mirror that was metallic free. That was changed, I believe, in early 2014. Nobody really has the answer as to when. I have also read one post that said that the space was once again available. I have read no confirmation of that claim. I had to mount my radar and toll pass token in the nose cone to make them work. And they work well.

I hope this helps and would like to learn more about this tracker that you mentioned.

Thank you.
I asked Tesla in the UK but they did not know if the screen had any areas you could use.
Is there anything on the Tesla screen that shows speed limits, and 'alarms' if you exceed them?

New camera location info etc & software is updated direct from the satellite, which is handy.