TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Traffic colors wrong in some zoom levels / not refreshing

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by wayner, Jul 25, 2018.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I have noticed an issue recently on the map screen of my Model S. When changing zoom levels on the map app the traffic colors will at times change to be incorrect when changing the zoom - for example it can change from deep red to green. It seems to me that the default level has the incorrect data - I am guessing that this is some sort of a caching issue.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have a video of this - I will try to upload it if I can figure out how to upload a video from my iPhone.

I don't know if location matters but this has happened to me on some of the major highways around Toronto like the 401, QEW and DVP.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Murph85

Murph85 Member

Yes I am seeing the same thing in my model X, if you turn on the satellite overlay it will reload the traffic data but that trick will only work once. Otherwise you have to zoom in or out and find a zoom level that is not cached.

I have a friend with an X that had this problem and it has since gone away. I am not sure if he has an update. I am am still seeing it (as of today) with firmware 2018.26 3b...

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

Good to know that I am not the only one. I got an update today but I haven't driven the car since it was installed so I will check it out on my drive home.

4. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

We're seeing it too in our 5 yr old S. ver 26 3bb

5. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Seeing this here too...2018.26 on an S85D. Does not seem to be location-dependent, it just happens whereever. I consider traffic data unusable at this point...and if you know my tolerance for Tesla software issues, that's saying a lot...wrong data is worse than no data.

Bruce.

PS to fellow members: Please use the full and correct version numbers when talking about software, but not necessarily including the hash after the version number string.

6. dpark

dpark New Member

I have this issue with my MX too. Mine is with version 2018.26.3b.

7. Drlev

Drlev Member

Owings Mills service center says this is a known issue. Fix coming soon.

8. jsimon77

jsimon77 Member

I'm having a weird new issues on maps with version 2018.26.3bbd9fd

The traffic (green, yellow, red) lines are not auto refreshing. I have to push the button to turn traffic OFF and then back ON to get it to update correctly.

Example: I park the car at 9am at work. I get in the car at 5pm to leave work and the traffic is showing what the traffic was at 9am. When I turn it off and then on again it updates to real time.

I've reset the computer already and it's still doing the same thing.

Anybody else seeing this or know how to fix it?

- Jason

9. Max*

Max* Charging

Same problem, had it for 2 updates already.

10. bmah

Moderator note: Merged two threads on the same topic.

And following up to my post in one of those threads: The workaround of turning traffic off and back on seems to work for me, so I retract my comment about traffic being "unusable"...it's now just annoying.

Bruce.

11. Foodnut

Foodnut Member

I also have the same problem with traffic not refreshing on map. I have to toggle the traffic off, then wait 1-2seconds, and re-enable traffic again to show real time traffic. Hope fix is coming soon.

• Informative x 1
  12. jsimon77

jsimon77 Member

Thanks Bruce...didn't see this post :)

13. Walter A

Walter A Member

Effective with update 2018.26 3bbd9fd, indicted traffic will not update correctly on certain "zoom" pages of the Map. The "frozen" indicated traffic appears to be about 24 hours old, however, if you change the zoom then the correct traffic is indicated. Both of the attached images where taken within a few seconds of each other. The image that shows red traffic is about 15 hours old. The image that shows green traffic reflects the current situation.

IMG_5559.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

14. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Have you reported this bug to Tesla? You can do so using the voice commands.

15. Tesseract

Tesseract Member

I am having this same issue as well. I reset the main screen and it seemed to correct the problem temporarily at least.

16. bmah

Moderator note: The preceding three posts were merged from a new thread started on this topic.

Bruce.

17. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We noticed this yesterday. Zoomed out the nearby freeway was showing green traffic lines. Zooming in one level changed that area from green to yellow & red. Since we didn't attempt to drive to that area, we weren't able to verify which was correct.

18. CRASHER

CRASHER Member

I have same issue, actually 2 weeks ago I was fooled into taking unnecessary diversion.
    This is due to new maps, which was promised by Elon as out of this world. Now we get traffic from other world.

19. Doctor X

Doctor X Member

I’ve had the same issue in my Model X for a couple of weeks at least. Happy to know that they are working on it. I rely heavily on this traffic information because I live in a heavy traffic area. I have gotten caught a couple of times by the misleading information on the screen. How does one notify Tesla of such problems, Is there a specific phone number to call or an email address? Thanks to anyone who has that answer.

20. jaydee49

jaydee49 Member

So I was having the same problem with my traffic not updating and I emailed Tesla about a week ago. After a couple emails back and forth I was told this morning that since the last update that will traffic will no longer update unless you input a destination address into the navigation. That can't be right, can it??? That would be ridiculous. In case you think I am making this up, here is a screenshot of the email.

Attached Files:

• Funny x 1