Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic colors wrong in some zoom levels / not refreshing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated saturday to 2018.28.5 377ec8b I noticed the traffic color lines were much thinner after the update when the screen was in night mode. Today has been the first day since the update where I encountered traffic and it was correct.

Prior I would have to zoom out then back in for it to update, and even that wasnt always fixing it.

I'm on 2018.26 and am really not happy with the traffic updating. As others have reported I need to zoom in and out to get an update. I thought switching between half an full screen worked, but not always. Additionally, we were on a trip this weekend, using Navigation for the route and traffic didn't update along the way.

If this is a bug, hopefully it will get fixed soon, if it's a way to minimize data traffic, it's really disappointing.

So I can confirm it all seems to be working well with 2018.28. I even saw it refresh with my very own little eyes without even touching the screen, zooming in / out. etc. Hopefully this works for everyone, but sounds like a previous poster has .28 and still with issues??

Anyway, one silver lining with this is I learned about TeslaWaze app while reading up on this issue. What a great thing. So today I had both Tesla maps and TeslaWaze open and was able to find all the cops hiding out since school has started now (there were a bunch!!). Whoo Whoo. Now.....if only the browser was more responsive. Ha -- who among us wants to open that can of worms....?