Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only learned this last night: apparently heavy traffic (dark red) has changed to a sort of light pink color in the night map.
First I should disclose I'm still on 8.1, it may be relevant.

My car is a 2013 without the tech package, so no NAV. Last night I set out for a round trip about 40 miles each way. As I often do, I double- or triple-tapped the zoom "-" button on the map to check on traffic on the highway I was headed towards. At a glance I saw a few slowdowns, but I didn't think it was too bad. About 2 miles down the highway, all 3 lines in my direction were barely crawling. Wondering why I didn't see the traffic earlier, on a hunch I swapped the display to "Day" mode, and sure enough there was about 3 miles of heavy traffic dark red. I switched back to "Night" mode and the dark red turned almost-white-pink. About a quarter mile (and 10 minutes) later I was able to exit the highway. Now that I know, I can make more informed decisions.

So Day mode has green (If you're still on V8 or earlier), orange, red, dark red; and Night has green, orange, red, light pink. These UI inconsistencies are insane.

I usually don't see heavy traffic at night. Is heavy traffic pink at night in V9? Is this common knowledge and I should have noticed long ago?