TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Traffic Delay non-reroute

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by JeffVanEpps, Nov 2, 2015.

1. JeffVanEpps

JeffVanEpps Member

As I pulled out of the driveway this morning a dialog popped up on the touchscreen telling me there was a traffic delay along my route to work. I didn't even have nav on at the time so I was surprised, but hey this is neat. I was in fact headed to work. It asked if I wanted to reroute (can't recall exact wording), I hit the button ... and it plotted my normal route to work. :confused: It was only a delay of about a minute, we're not a big city and don't get big traffic jams. I just found it curious.

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Maybe your normal route isn't the way the GPS would normally route you.
    Tomorrow, direct it to your work and see which route it chooses.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Did it say re-route? Or did it say something like "your time to work in current traffic is 28 minutes, would you like to navigate?" (I forget the exact wording, I get that message every morning and every evening)

4. JeffVanEpps

JeffVanEpps Member

I left that out - I've used it before, and it is the same route. I can do it again and see if it changed for some reason. Maybe the delay went away while I was pondering the dialog :)

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

#5 msnow, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Not sure if this helps but from page 110 of the 7.0 owners manual:
    "Model S can also monitor traffic to your work location (on weekday mornings) and to your home location (on weekday evenings) and advise you if there is a better route in situations where traffic conditions will cause a delay. You can set the time savings required before the advice is given by touching Controls > Settings > Apps > Maps & Navigation > Min Improvement for Commute Advice.
    Note: Commute advice is available only if you have saved a Home and Work Location (see Favorite Destinations on page 111)."

Maybe you had "Min Improvement for Commute Advice" set to a minute or so?