Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic info disappeared from navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we used to have a traffic signal on our display we could click and it would give us traffic patterns, similar to how Google Maps would show with green-orange-red. After a recent update, this function is no longer there and after looking into it with Tesla it's now a premium function that we have to pay for. This is wrong for Tesla to start taking functions away from us and turn them into premium items that we now have to pay for. I'
I'll just get a phone holder and use the free google map app for traffic patterns before paying Tesla a monthly charge

So we used to have a traffic signal on our display we could click and it would give us traffic patterns, similar to how Google Maps would show with green-orange-red. After a recent update, this function is no longer there and after looking into it with Tesla it's now a premium function that we have to pay for. This is wrong for Tesla to start taking functions away from us and turn them into premium items that we now have to pay for. I'
I'll just get a phone holder and use the free google map app for traffic patterns before paying Tesla a monthly charge

That information (traffic patterns) has always been a part of premium connectivity. You had a trial of premium connectivity, which is why you saw that. This is not a change, its been that way since I bought my model 3 in 2018. the only difference is the length of the free trial, or whether premium connectivity comes with the car.

So, if you dont want to pay, get a phone holder like you said and use your phone.

One more time, to be clear about it, its not "Its now a premium function". Its "It has always been a part of premium connectivity, that you have to pay for".

Is PREMIUM beyond the $10/ month?
I do pay the $10 month but have lost MAPPING TRAFFIC Red lines and info/.

Also I notice the self driving ION shows up less. I noticed it day when in a car pool line.
Is anyone else having the same issue?

Is PREMIUM beyond the $10/ month?
I do pay the $10 month but have lost MAPPING TRAFFIC Red lines and info/.

Also I notice the self driving ION shows up less. I noticed it day when in a car pool line.
Is anyone else having the same issue?

No, premium connectivity has one charge (in the US anyway) of either 9.99 a month or 99.99 a year if you choose to pre pay yearly.

"the self driving icon showing up less" is not a part of premium connectivity, and I have no comment on that other than to say that discussion on Autopilot / FSD has a specific subforum here on TMC so that part of your question should likely be directed to a thread in that subforum: