Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (BETA) for those that have HW3 and FSD

Are you using Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (BETA)?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As others have mentioned, there appears to be a combination of map data and vision involved. I have one stop sign near home that I guess isn't in the map data. As I approach it, I do not get the "stopping in 600 feet" message, and the car blithely roars toward the intersection at full speed, even as it successfully renders an image of the stop sign. Same behavior multiple times at the same intersection. Yes, "bug report".

Reactions: McFlurri
As others have mentioned, there appears to be a combination of map data and vision involved. I have one stop sign near home that I guess isn't in the map data. As I approach it, I do not get the "stopping in 600 feet" message, and the car blithely roars toward the intersection at full speed, even as it successfully renders an image of the stop sign. Same behavior multiple times at the same intersection. Yes, "bug report".

Bug reports don't get sent anywhere FYI- they remain local on the car for a service center to reference if you schedule a service appointment.

That would be a great idea; however, any activation of the accelerator (whether gentle or mashing it down) will still cause the vehicle to re-engage TACC.
Perhaps even a time based delay, when stopping at only stop signs? So, vehicle comes to a stop at a stop sign and for maybe 5-10 seconds TACC becomes automatically disengaged allowing you to “creep up” to a point where you can see past the blindsight and then TACC reengages after the time delay.

I've had that too.. It makes it an odd situation where you are just wanting to inch forward and the car's going "tally ho! 55 mph here we go". And you brake/turn etc and it's beeping and yelling at you as it jerks around the corner lol. So lately I've been mostly just hitting the brake at the light, then doing the creep/turn myself and re-engaging when I'm on the next road.

I've found the braking to be a bit aggressive as well sometimes. It's always engaged but quite often, just as I am about to hit it myself. Mostly notice this on rural roads where I'm doing 55 or more coming up to a stop sign.

The only other really frustrating issue I have is there's a road I travel a LOT between my house and my seasonal RV spot, and it's got about a 7 mile run where it's 55, but the Tesla doesn't recognize a speed limit on it, so limits at 45 (today should be 50) if I want to use the steering assist. So either drive my own speed and let it steer, or steer and set the normal cruise at 60... or say screw it and spend another half a minute, but I then have to watch behind me for anyone that I don't want to be "that guy" holding up traffic.

Reactions: C141medic
Hello all. I just upgraded to FSD from EAP. The "Software" screens shows I have "FSD Capability" and my Tesla app shows the upgrade in my purchase history. But as far as I can tell from the "Autopilot" menu, nothing has changed. I do not see the "Traffic light and Stop Sign Control" option. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Hello all. I just upgraded to FSD from EAP. The "Software" screens shows I have "FSD Capability" and my Tesla app shows the upgrade in my purchase history. But as far as I can tell from the "Autopilot" menu, nothing has changed. I do not see the "Traffic light and Stop Sign Control" option. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Do a full reboot and try driving it a couple miles? Sometimes the change does not take immediately.

People who are just subscribing or buying the FSD package need to never forget they are NOT buying a finished product. They are paying for the privilege of testing experimental software on their Tesla. If you're not willing to follow the rules of safe driving and understand you are testing an experimental feature set, then don't buy it.

Do you have hardware 3.0 or 2.5? I think you need 3.0 for this feature.