Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic light and stop sign control greyed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue for a day. New HW3 update, new firmware, new Nav map. I rebooted the Tesla, Nada. I drove for 40 miles to let cameras work. Nada. I went to bed, checked in the morning, it allowed me to set it. It was grayed, but when I touched the screen, it let me turn on the beta. Perhaps it too needed a full night’s sleep?

9D871E8E-B52E-4249-965C-A1E46E1E9605.jpeg

Here is the current nav version, mine not @ATLcommute

I'm experiencing this, too. I got 1010.12.11.1 last night and when I tried to activate it I saw the notice that "Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control requires updated maps. Connect to WiFi to download the latest maps." The car is on WiFi when it's in the garage, so I went to Settings > Software and as soon as I touched the "i" the updated maps began downloading. Some time later, the car is now reporting that the navigation data is up to date but I can't activate traffic light and stop sign control. I rebooted, to no avail. I guess I just have to let the car sit a while and check it later?

Time passes...

Yep. That was it. I went back a bit later and there are now controls for engaging traffic light and stop sign control.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I just got HW3. Paid for FSD from day 1. Car sitting in the garage with 2020.12.11.1 installed 3 days ago. Traffic light and stop sign control enabled but grayed out telling me it needs to update the maps, but it also tells me that my 2019 maps are up to date and it won't download new ones while I'm in park on wifi. Been this way for 3 days and counting...

If anyone gets any other ideas, please let me know.

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I just got HW3. Paid for FSD from day 1. Car sitting in the garage with 2020.12.11.1 installed 3 days ago. Traffic light and stop sign control enabled but grayed out telling me it needs to update the maps, but it also tells me that my 2019 maps are up to date and it won't download new ones while I'm in park on wifi. Been this way for 3 days and counting...

Ask Tesla service to push the map update to you. After you get it you may have to wait another few hours before you can enable the new feature.

1) After HW3, check to see you are reconnected to WiFi.
Wait until firmware 2020.12.x is installed.
2) hard reboot of car ( two steering wheel buttons pushed down, foot on brake for ten seconds)
3) Go away, it takes a longtime to download Nav update.
4) let car sleep overnight
5) check your nav version, if you got 2020 then go to Autopilot and select Stop light beta, it looks grey, but the touch screen allows it.

(steps 6-XX, complain it’s not working the way you want it to on the forum. Use sentrycam viewer to watch spectators ogle your car...)

Ask Tesla service to push the map update to you. After you get it you may have to wait another few hours before you can enable the new feature.

I contacted them today after a couple more days of sitting on wifi after a hard reboot and no download. I had go set up an appointment, but I explained the problem. Hopefully, they can push it to me. I'm not sure why it say it is up to date in one place and isn't in another.

I contacted them today after a couple more days of sitting on wifi after a hard reboot and no download. I had go set up an appointment, but I explained the problem. Hopefully, they can push it to me. I'm not sure why it say it is up to date in one place and isn't in another.

Well, Tesla did push the latest map data to my car but that didn't solve the problem. The traffic light and stop sign control beta was still grayed out and couldn't be switched on, so they pushed the software update my car was on (2020.12.11.1) to my car again and this time it worked. The Tesla rep told me that the map data is supposed to be installed first and some cars don't like it if it is installed after the update. This did fix the problem for my car and I can now use traffic light and stop sign control beta.

I thought this might be useful to some of you still having trouble getting this to work.

Same here, after hard reb oot, still there. So, I scheduled service for Software Update. Got a text from SC hour later. 30 mins later, my maps updated from 2019 to 2020 and the I could enable it. Cancelled the service appointment right then