Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic light and stop sign control greyed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried everything above to no avail and then about 24 hours after downloading latest Nav Data, magically the option was no longer greyed out and I was able to activate.

However, restriction to posted speed limit without even the 5 mph offset is a serious drawback given he ridiculously low limits on many in-town streets.

Glad to see this thread so I know I have company. Got the new maps last night for my S after HW3 update but stoplight feature still grayed out. Yet after using the stoplight feature on my 3, I am in no hurry. It is unusable, especially the speed limit +0, which is sure to cause road rage.

When I got the update it worked fine. It went through green lights and stopped for red. Now it stops for green lights for some reason like the update did not happen. It is activated in the controls but greys out when autopilot is engaged. Anyone he any ideas why it stopped working

When I got the update it worked fine. It went through green lights and stopped for red. Now it stops for green lights for some reason like the update did not happen. It is activated in the controls but greys out when autopilot is engaged. Anyone he any ideas why it stopped working

Stopping for green is normal if there are no cars in front to follow.
The setting is grayed out while on AP because it could be confusing/dangerous to toggle while driving.
If working as expected, you should be able to disable the setting while not on AP. I think you need to be in Park to re-enable it.

Stopping for green is normal if there are no cars in front to follow.
The setting is grayed out while on AP because it could be confusing/dangerous to toggle while driving.
If working as expected, you should be able to disable the setting while not on AP. I think you need to be in Park to re-enable it.
It seems to work as designed during the day but at dusk or night reverts to stopping at green lights. Maybe its a sensor. I need to test this more.

I'm on FSD beta 10.5.

Since this thread is about software version thats 1.5 years old, and tesla changes software versions on average every month or so, AND you are on a beta version of software, You should ask this in the Autopilot / FSD subforum: