Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic light recognized.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t notice it driving around but will keep an eye on it. I did notice the take off was more aggressive when going into motion after being in stop behind another vehicle... say at a traffic light. before it would take its time picking up speed. This morning it def considerably faster

I just did a trail when I saw a red light I turned on NOA and because it was a quiet intersection I did not hit the brakes when I got close to the intersection. Car detected the red light and alerted me to take over immediately and to hit the brakes and the speed limit changed to a red light. So I’d say red light detection works but car didn’t slow down!

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I wonder if they are using the same technology Audi is. Wife has a Q8 and it only works in certain areas that have the technology published:
Audi Newsroom

Really cool.. but useless today because its only in one small area I travel.

Hopefully Tesla uses a combo of that plus cameras.
Dude this is not detection, the car is communicating with the red light. This is useless and not dependable. Just like high def maps and LIDAR.

also why did you get your wife q8? It should have been model x

• Disagree
Reactions: MTSN
Dude this is not detection, the car is communicating with the red light. This is useless and not dependable. Just like high def maps and LIDAR.

also why did you get your wife q8? It should have been model x

The Audi Stop light thing works really well.. .WHEN it is in a supported area. Hopefully Tesla blows it away here soon!!

true to the q8.. but I needed 7k towing capacity for my boat ;) Funny thing after she drove the 3 this weekend, she mentioned the X.. Maybe when the boat phase runs its course.