Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic light recognized.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen the red light warnings on previous software updates... but my car hasn't done anything except flash red and tell me to take over. It's never interfered with driving, applied the brake or slowed down regardless of what the display or light suggested. FWIW, This feature has not been active for me since updating to 2019.32.11.

I've got the best red light detector than anything on a Tesla. Wife screams and yells "Honey, STOP" !!!!!!

Cool.
How much did you pay for that "feature"?

:p

This is a scary feature to test. Failure means death. Or at least panic stops.

Only if you, imprudently, expect it to work, and rely on it.

If you treat "red light" detection the same way you treat "autopilot" - as an error-prone driver-aid feature while you remain fully in charge of driving, then it's just another indicator that you can choose to ignore.

As a "traffic light guesser", it's quite alright!

a

Last edited:
Reactions: jamnmon66
The stop light (traffic lights, not a stop sign) detection thing has been in there since late V9 for sure. I tested it out myself late at night one time, not braking on local road and it flashed the big red 'Take the Wheel for the Wee Mans Sake' warning etc, and a small set of traffic lights were shown in upper right of the info pane. The car did not attempt to brake though.

I braked before going through it anyhow.

I have HW2.5 (2019 model) and on latest firmware (2019.32.11.1). I am not on EAP or anything like that.

Today I was using NOA the car recognized a red traffic light (a red traffic traffic sign showed up on the display in the same place of speed limit icon. The car actually came to a full stop, but also showed the hands on the steering wheel warning.

This is the first time I've seen it.
Please explain. Why drive with NOA in a location where there is likely to be a stop light? I thought NOA was for highways?????

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev