Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After not driving my new Model 3 for 2 weeks (I was away on a business trip), I noticed that the traffic visualization is working intermittently. It is picking up some parked cars, but not others. I don't see oncoming traffic etc. Any suggestions for a fix? Many thanks...

Me too. I think that's how it is. If you turn on the FSD GUI (beta), it shows more info. But I still see missing cars a lot. There was a thread discussing this. Most feel it's a decision to not display rather than the car not seeing things. I tend to agree with that as well. But given the fact that Tesla does drive into things (various youtube videos regarding FSD beat), I am still skeptical. After owning M3 for about 2 months, I start to develop the habit of not relying too much on the "smart" features. Just drive like a normal car. It's a better cruise control.

Upvote 0
Me too. I think that's how it is. If you turn on the FSD GUI (beta), it shows more info. But I still see missing cars a lot. There was a thread discussing this. Most feel it's a decision to not display rather than the car not seeing things. I tend to agree with that as well. But given the fact that Tesla does drive into things (various youtube videos regarding FSD beat), I am still skeptical. After owning M3 for about 2 months, I start to develop the habit of not relying too much on the "smart" features. Just drive like a normal car. It's a better cruise control.
Many thanks. It seems strange though that before my trip, the screen was showing other cars--both parked and oncoming--well and now it is not doing that. I will try recalibrating the cameras. Cheers!

Upvote 0