Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Trailer-friendly Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the lovely folks at EVSEAdapters now have a Tesla connector extension cable. Although the current one is not Supercharger compatible, they say they’re working on one.
That could be a potential game changer. Either spots behind, along side, or opposite a Supercharger would become fair game.

Not sure how they’re planning to pull off a Supercharger extension, especially for 250kW stations, but my curiosity is piqued ....

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
had to ask somebody if they'd be willing to move their car so I didn't have to unhitch

Vacaville, CA

View attachment 655582
I've charged at Vacaville with my camper at least 15 times. I always unhitch; the parking lot is plenty spacious and it's a really easy transaction. I personally don't like the optics of blocking stalls in a relatively busy location.

I still wouldn't call Vacaville trailer-friendly.

I've charged at Vacaville with my camper at least 15 times. I always unhitch; the parking lot is plenty spacious and it's a really easy transaction. I personally don't like the optics of blocking stalls in a relatively busy location.

I still wouldn't call Vacaville trailer-friendly.

i guess it depends how you want to define trailer-friendly. for me, it's easy in and out with lots of space. having a pull through is nice, but that's typically less important to me than space. i also don't have any concerns blocking stalls, if the other stalls fill up and somebody shows up i can back up the trailer. when I arrived it was maybe 50% full with cars staggered across stalls.

I looked in the app and the PlugShare website and do not find anything regarding “trailer friendly” charging locations. Please explain how to access that feature. Thank you.
Screenshot from 2022-06-03 20-10-16.png

Clayton, NM has 8 pull forward stalls so trailer friendly until you have to back out or fit your trailer between the stalls and the grocery store there.. still a cool design IMO
I would not call that location “trailer friendly”. When you are towing and pull into one of those stalls your trailer will block the lane unless you are towing a very small utility trailer. You will need to unhitch to use this location when towing an RV trailer.

Photo below posted by @Operator64 in the Clayton NM Supercharger thread.

3A794DA4-8BD3-4640-9B0B-A042EF96CB8D.jpeg

I would not call that location “trailer friendly”. When you are towing and pull into one of those stalls your trailer will block the lane unless you are towing a very small utility trailer. You will need to unhitch to use this location when towing an RV trailer.

Photo below posted by @Operator64 in the Clayton NM Supercharger thread.
thats why i said "until" i was speaking somewhat tic... it would be a cool design were it not for that giant building right there hah

thats why i said "until" i was speaking somewhat tic... it would be a cool design were it not for that giant building right there hah
I appreciate your explanation but my point remains; the Clayton NM Supercharger is not “trailer friendly. This thread is specifically about Superchargers that are trailer friendly. If people start posting about Superchargers that “could be” but are actually not then this thread loses its value as a resource.

I appreciate your explanation but my point remains; the Clayton NM Supercharger is not “trailer friendly. This thread is specifically about Superchargers that are trailer friendly. If people start posting about Superchargers that “could be” but are actually not then this thread loses its value as a resource.
well like you said it depends on the trailer.. it could be trailer friendly if you have a short trailer.. a picture is worth 1000 words

Hi All,

Iowa 80 - Largest truck stop in the World - Walcott, Iowa
has one stall pull in forward without disconnect...
Does not block any other chargers - but must back out

Merillville, Idiana
Does not block any other chargers - but must back out.

Peru, Illinois
Unfortunately this is an "L" shaped arrangement and the pull in is at the turn of the "L."
You will block an adjoining stall - But a Model 3 already charging was able to pull around
my small utility trailer... Still have to back out...

Shawn