Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailers suitable for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LongRanger

Jan 11, 2020
Wales
Been looking into how to spec/find a trailer that meets many needs - for example a mixture of general carting junk to the tip, transporting sheep, transporting ATV / sit-on mower and whatever else life brings along.

Moving aggregates etc is not an issue as already have off-road options.

The limits of the model 3 are 910kg. I’m setting a target of the trailer to weigh no more than 400kg.

Normally I would go straight for an option from CLH trailers as they are based/made in Wales and a very good company - or Ifor Williams - but can’t find what I’m looking for in a light enough weight.

So far I have found these options

Bateman general purpose with ramp - I would spec to have high mesh sides etc
This looks like a good design but not ideal for sheep and doesn’t appear to have a roof option.

76AB8395-3E25-4D1C-B9AD-B0AEC8F30278.png

Chapman QT200 (safe for sheep with roof option, but limited on size choice)
I rate Chapman very highly as have one of their tow-behind flail mowers, superbly made bit of kit.

1077C2EE-D0DC-4102-84B1-BD97E0EECCDA.jpeg

Who knows their trailers and can recommend something light, strong, well-made and around the ratings of the Model 3 LR towing spec ?

Indespension range looks quite comprehensive, thanks. Weights creeping up above the ideal level for my needs - ideally the Model 3 would be rated around the 1200kg level but obviously there has to be a limit.

Update on Chapman option - they now list 2 versions of what was the QT200 - RT200 and RT220

D67BCAE2-7F33-4F21-ACBB-64F3AF12E965.jpeg

Finally got the trailer sorted, went with trusty CLH Trailers based in South Wales - long lead time but worth the wait.

went for 7’6 x 4’6 which has worked out perfectly as the width is exactly the same as the car, makes adjusting road position really easy as you can go off the rear arches in the mirrors for gauging width etc.

The trailer mode system works superbly, I had to put a simple 13-7 pin adaptor into the mix then off we go and all working perfectly, the car auto-detects when the electrics are hooked up.

The local tip is gonna get a beating now .... this pic is from after first mega-exciting tip run.

BF3F5761-10F1-49FE-AD8C-627E63926298.jpeg

Reactions: Adopado
Finally got the trailer sorted, went with trusty CLH Trailers based in South Wales - long lead time but worth the wait.

went for 7’6 x 4’6 which has worked out perfectly as the width is exactly the same as the car, makes adjusting road position really easy as you can go off the rear arches in the mirrors for gauging width etc.

The trailer mode system works superbly, I had to put a simple 13-7 pin adaptor into the mix then off we go and all working perfectly, the car auto-detects when the electrics are hooked up.

The local tip is gonna get a beating now .... this pic is from after first mega-exciting tip run.

View attachment 658866
Can we see a bit more your lovely new trailer.... just to pique my trailer envy! 😉

Reactions: LongRanger