Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Train broke down - delivery delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYP was scheduled for delivery (Florida) on March 9th and one week before delivery I get a call and he says my delivery is delayed “because it was on a train that unfortunately broke down”

I cannot find anyone else reporting the same issue. Anyone taking delivery encounter this?

Maybe I am paranoid but I wonder if it could have been damaged during transit and they are stalling… if a train broke down there should be 100’s of us with the same delivery issue.

My MYP was scheduled for delivery (Florida) on March 9th and one week before delivery I get a call and he says my delivery is delayed “because it was on a train that unfortunately broke down”

I cannot find anyone else reporting the same issue. Anyone taking delivery encounter this?

Maybe I am paranoid but I wonder if it could have been damaged during transit and they are stalling… if a train broke down there should be 100’s of us with the same delivery issue.
My delivery was delayed a couple weeks because of the snow in CA. The truck driver didn’t feel safe going over the I-5 mountain passes. I don’t doubt that your car’s train broke down. But it’ll be interesting to see how long it actually takes to get your car to the delivery center.

Im in South Florida. Was supposed to take delivery of a M3P on the 10th and it was delayed until the 12th. Just got a text saying its now delayed to the 19th. Gave them a call and they said the train broke down. Im assuming both of ours are on the same train.

Hoping they get it fixed soon and we can get our cars.

Im in South Florida. Was supposed to take delivery of a M3P on the 10th and it was delayed until the 12th. Just got a text saying its now delayed to the 19th. Gave them a call and they said the train broke down. Im assuming both of ours are on the same train.

Hoping they get it fixed soon and we can get our cars.
Thanks! That makes me feel better about the situation. Mine is the 16th now. Fingers crossed about both our cars!

Yes, you are being paranoid.
The train broke down.

Reactions: Yelobird
I also may be facing a delay on a MYP coming to FL. My VIN was assigned on 3/2 and the series is PF701 with EDD of 3/16 to 3/23. Same day I got the VIN they scheduled me for delivery on 3/17.

But yesterday, SA checked on my VIN and their locator shows it is still near Fremont - not sure it has moved yet. Their guess was it would take another week or two but honestly I was concerned that it hadn't moved at all. I have yet to be contacted to reschedule delivery.

I also may be facing a delay on a MYP coming to FL. My VIN was assigned on 3/2 and the series is PF701 with EDD of 3/16 to 3/23. Same day I got the VIN they scheduled me for delivery on 3/17.

But yesterday, SA checked on my VIN and their locator shows it is still near Fremont - not sure it has moved yet. Their guess was it would take another week or two but honestly I was concerned that it hadn't moved at all. I have yet to be contacted to reschedule delivery.
What’s “SA” stand for? Been seeing that a lot.

Did they end up delivering your MYP today?

Update on my end:

Looks like the train is fixed. SA said the train appears to not be at a railyard anymore. However, I did have to reschedule for a March 25th delivery date. Looks like that should be correct if the train is fixed & enroute.

Any followups on Florida deliveries?

My MYP was supposed to be delivered 3/23 in Ft Myers. On the 20th, it was rescheduled to 3/25 due to a "slight transit delay". Today, 24 hours before delivery, they just texted a reschedule to 3/29, again citing a "slight transit delay".

How is it the visibility into the logistics network is so poor?

I am also in Florida, Miami, and my Model 3 was originally set for delivery the week of March14. It was pushed back to the week of March 26. I received a text that it will be here early and I scheduled deliver for March 25 at 4:30. Just received a text this morning that tomorrows deliver has been moved to March 31 because of unknown delay. I think this is horrible customer service. They received full payment fron my bank, two weeks ago. I am paying insurance and have a loan on a car that is not in my possession. I cannot get anyone to call me back. Any suggestions.

My MYP was supposed to be delivered 3/23 in Ft Myers. On the 20th, it was rescheduled to 3/25 due to a "slight transit delay". Today, 24 hours before delivery, they just texted a reschedule to 3/29, again citing a "slight transit delay".

I received the same text today. I had a delivery appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 4:30.

I picked up my MYP in Tampa yesterday afternoon. The delivery experience was subpar but that's another story. Regarding logistics, my original delivery appointment of 3/17 was pushed back to 3/23 despite the car arriving in Jacksonville on 3/13. The car sat in a parking lot near the rail station until 3/21 when it was transported to Tampa. Hope you all get yours as scheduled.

Reactions: daniel b