Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

train burglaries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in March/April 2021, after many years of not having to ride the train, I used Amtrak along the Sacramento, California rail corridor for two relatively short trips between Davis--Rocklin and Roseville--Davis (for picking up my new Model X and returning my leased Honda Clarity FCV). Instead of relaxing and fun, both trips were distressing and frightening.

There were miles and miles of adjacent shanty-towns and trash-filled homeless encampments along the rights-of-way next to the tracks. I would guess that the same is true as you take Amtrak in the other direction--west towards Berekely/Oakland, Fremont (the Tesla Mother-ship), and San Jose (Silicon Valley).

These scenes--reminiscent of the worst South American, African, and Asian slums--are a dire warning!

This problem is growing (like a societal cancer). People trapped in poverty, addiction, and mental and emotional distress are not going to remain hidden away forever. I predict nothing but bad things from our society's failure to effectively address this issue. Indeed, it appears to have begun.

Needless to say, Tesla ownership can be directly impacted by this issue. Think about the direct and indirect relationships between poverty, addiction and:
  • Car theft.
  • Car-jacking.
  • Parked-car vandalism.
  • Car break-ins.
  • Driving while under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
  • DUI-related injuries and deaths.
  • Insurance rates.
Raise this issue with your elected officials. Vote appropriately. Municipal, state, and federal politicians along with government agency, law enforcement, homeless advocate, and transportation authorities need to join together in task forces to address these horrendous issues.

Please elect official who will responsibly address the issues of poverty, homelessness, mental health, and addiction.