Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trans-Canada Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prawda, MB -I was actually completely ICEd out of this supercharger for a moment. When I showed up there was an F-150 parked in the right two stalls and a charging Tesla in the left stall. Fortunately the truck pulled out when I gave him the stink eye.

F4FEF706-F844-4B5C-9D86-CA5748B73E7E.jpeg

Terry Fox Memorial near Thunder Bay -This was roughly my halfway point and I was in the throes of wildfire induced respiratory sickness. Fortunately Terry was here to provide some inspiration and get me to keep going!

A0E3A7C6-CCB4-4949-AD32-2A3A181EDFC7.jpeg

White River, ON

67D171FD-A278-4C52-9BE0-AC4DC372651E.jpeg

Wawa, ON (particular significance for fellow supercharger hunters!)

1868758E-6585-4CB9-8298-1A3FB37BCAF5.jpeg

Reactions: Kenypowa and TLej
Niagara Falls -The falls were way cooler than I expected. So much water! I guess I'm used to seeing waterfalls formed by rivers. It makes sense that a waterfall draining the entire Great Lakes would be huge! The Ontario side was super crowded with tourists. I have a feeling the American side wouldn't be as crowded, plus there's a statue of Nikola Tesla over there. So I'll have to check that out next time I'm in Buffalo.

DD3D42A6-EBC1-4E23-838D-20E6C85B2EB1.jpeg

Ferry across the St. Lawrence from Saint-Simeon to Riviere-du-Loup (Saint-Simeon in the background)

58D48436-C4B6-4377-BE22-0BA1D49F76EE.jpeg

Hopewell Rocks, NB -This was way more touristy than I expected. Still cool to see the rocks at low tide though.

3CD25CF3-458F-486F-BC96-F8DEEDE07205.jpeg

Apologies to all my Alberta followers! Just noticed that was the only provice I left out in my picture montage. I only took 3 photos there and they were all fairly non-descript supercharger photos.

Also, my favoUrite part of the drive was from Quebec City up to Saguenay, but I was in a hurry to catch that ferry and didn't take any pics. I'd never been on that road before and it felt like a true frontier drive, but also through a national park with beautiful alpine lakes everywhere! Only one tiny settlement for people to get gas in about 211 kilometres! I loved it.

Reactions: lukex4 and Big Earl
Apologies to all my Alberta followers! Just noticed that was the only provice I left out in my picture montage. I only took 3 photos there and they were all fairly non-descript supercharger photos.

Also, my favoUrite part of the drive was from Quebec City up to Saguenay, but I was in a hurry to catch that ferry and didn't take any pics. I'd never been on that road before and it felt like a true frontier drive, but also through a national park with beautiful alpine lakes everywhere! Only one tiny settlement for people to get gas in about 211 kilometres! I loved it.
That's okay, once the Jasper, Edson, Veg, and Lloyd Superchargers go in you'll have a good excuse to come back and take pictures of nothing but Alberta. Throw in a couple of Canmore pictures to up the beauty quotient (and leave out the Edmonton one altogether). Glad to see you enjoyed your trip, I hope to make the same one, one of these days.

View attachment 700392

Super random... I pulled into the Enfield supercharger last night to find another Blue Model S (white interior) with WA plates charging. I talked to the couple and they were also from Seattle, and lived just a couple miles from me. This felt like a one in a million shot considering this is literally the furthest supercharger from Seattle in North America (barely edging out Marathon, Florida). Especially considering that NS has even stricter border restrictions than Canada. I didn't see another WA plate on my entire trip, not even in BC.

Anyways, I stayed in Fredericton the last two nights and made a loop drive around the Bay of Fundy to Enfield and then back along the highway to Freddy so Salisbury actually ended up being my last supercharger. I have now visited every supercharger in Canada. At least for the moment, until they open another one! Hopefully the new openings will be in BC and not PEI as it will be a while before I get back out here again :)
Rats, I missed you on your way through. 😜

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
Rats, I missed you on your way through. 😜
I was originally going to spend a couple days in NS, but then it looked like I was running straight into a hurricane so I scrapped it. Of course later, the hurricane weakened and took a much more southerly path but by that point I had already finalized my plans and was heading from Fredericton to Maine. One of these days I'll make it out to Oak Island to check on the ongoing dig!

I was originally going to spend a couple days in NS, but then it looked like I was running straight into a hurricane so I scrapped it. Of course later, the hurricane weakened and took a much more southerly path but by that point I had already finalized my plans and was heading from Fredericton to Maine. One of these days I'll make it out to Oak Island to check on the ongoing dig!
Before 2000, I would’ve said “yeah they always miss us”. The three we’ve been hit by since then have changed my mind on that score. 😑

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV