Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trans-Canada Supercharged in 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but I would take the "mare usque ad mare" from Canada's motto to define Trans-Canada. Riviere du Loup would cover off the Atlantic coast - from there you can get to about Sudbury today but that leaves a long way to go to get to Calgary to close the loop to the Pacific.

And once that is done people will start moaning about being able to drive the Dempster Highway to the Artctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk - that highway opens this fall.

Isn't there a thing about Putin wanting to complete a highway from London to NYC the long way? May as well continue on to St. John's!

• Disagree
Reactions: doubeld
So, here we are almost July and nothing on the horizon except for Nanaimo, of all places.
There is no way we will see any significant build up of SC's done by Christmas. My guess is that we might, if we are lucky, see 1 or 2 and that's it!

I don't think the Trans-Canada promise has any more validity than Elon's tweet about having the new web browser released in Dec 2016. But installing all of the SuperChargers already announced an on the map as "Coming Soon" would be nice. We are supposed to get 8 new SC sites in the GTA and there doesn't appear to be any progress on these sites as of yet - nothing on supercharge.info and no one has posted that they have seen anything happening.

I don't think the Trans-Canada promise has any more validity than Elon's tweet about having the new web browser released in Dec 2016. But installing all of the SuperChargers already announced an on the map as "Coming Soon" would be nice. We are supposed to get 8 new SC sites in the GTA and there doesn't appear to be any progress on these sites as of yet - nothing on supercharge.info and no one has posted that they have seen anything happening.
I think North South travel in Canada is much more important. Trans Canada would be nice....

I think North South travel in Canada is much more important. Trans Canada would be nice....
What do you mean by North-South? Canadian highways are primarily East-West, with a few exceptions. And we already have a few North-South already existing, like Red Deer and Ft. McLeod in AB, plus a few in the 2017 expansion plans. And some of the other North-South routes, like Toronto to Sudbury are to facilitate East-West travel and already have SCs existing or in the 2017 plans.

Just relax....

My firm is negotiating with one of Tesla's contractors for some of the equipment being used at the superchargers. For eastern Canada. They will be buying it soon.....meaning they will be starting installations soon. That's all I can tell you, though.
Further to this....
We lost the latest bid (sad...shame on us)

....but....I can tell you it was for 3 stations ( and I didn't get details because we lost the bid)
If 1 is Nanaimo, it means there are 2 more that will be starting soon.

What do you mean by North-South? Canadian highways are primarily East-West, with a few exceptions. And we already have a few North-South already existing, like Red Deer and Ft. McLeod in AB, plus a few in the 2017 expansion plans. And some of the other North-South routes, like Toronto to Sudbury are to facilitate East-West travel and already have SCs existing or in the 2017 plans.

Connecting into the States would be important for many folks. Fort Macleod into Montana is required, as is Winnipeg into Minneapolis. As for the Trans Canada, I suspect Musk is only assuming that means Calgary --> Winnipeg and then Sudbury to the East Coast. I wouldn't fault Tesla for omitting Western/Northern Ontario for the time being. Seriously, if I were to drive to the east coast, I would probably go through the States for the variety, as much as I am mildly patriotic and would like to support the Canadian economy in my travels.