TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Transfer EAP+FSD from 3 to Y

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by thesteve, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Would you want to be able transfer your EAP+FSD from one Tesla to another?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. thesteve

thesteve Member

So I'm considering buying a Performance Y and selling my LR 3 once it's in. The issue is depreciation on software, I now have EAP+FSD on my 3, but if I sell it I won't recoupe much at all on that part of the car. If I purchase a new Y, the AP+FSD is going to cost $8k USD ($10.6k CAD), that's got me reconsidering moving to the Y and just keeping the 3 (and my ICE suv).

Since it's mostly software (like an app) maybe we should be able to transfer it from one car to another similar to if I sign into a new iPhone my stuff comes with me. I would then buy the Performance Y and transfer to it and sell my LR 3 with no EAP+FSD. Anyone else thinking about that? I guess I'll add a poll

Anyone else on board? Any chance Elon would consider it? Tweet? lol

Steve

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

[​IMG]

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 2
  3. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

I want it, but

NOT

GONNA

HAPPEN

4. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

I'd like to have sex with a super model before I die but that's not gonna happen either.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

Super models are overrated

6. trm2

trm2 Member

Well, today's are, but back in the day.....

• Like x 1