Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfer M3P Reservation to a New Buyer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see this has been discussed a few times, but I don't really see an answer -- and trying to contact someone at Tesla is literally impossible.

At any rate, I have a M3P reservation that has now had a vin assigned (I've put it on hold) with delivery any time I press the "I'm Ready" button. But I've decided to move forward with my concurrent MYP reservation instead. I'd love to offer my spot to someone in this community, especially since I put my reservation in before any of the M3 price increases that took place in late March (my res is from 3/13/22)... but before doing so I wanted to see if this was even possible?

I'd rather help someone out here than lose my $250.

It looks like I can modify the reservation (which I'm sure would cause a slight delay) in order to change exterior/interior color and add FSD... current res config looks like this:

Reservation Number RN1167xxxxx
Price $58,990
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)

Your Model 3
Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive$58,990
Performance Upgrade Included
Pearl White Paint
Included
20’’ Überturbine Wheels
Included
Performance Brakes
Included
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Included
Performance Pedals
Included
All Black Premium Interior
Included
Autopilot
Included
30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
Included
Vehicle Price $58,990

TIA!

Last edited:
My friend is willing to give me his Y that has now been assigned a vin but I can't get ahold of anyone at Tesla and the showroom employees said there is no way to do this unless we were relatives with the same last name or business partners.

If anyone has any info on how to do a transfer, please post.

I think Tesla updated their policy in March because reservation transfers had gotten out of hand. My SA has said she cannot help with a transfer, and if an individual no longer wants their reservation, they are expected to cancel and let the car go back into the queue

It's pretty obvious that Tesla is actively fighting the practice of selling places in line. It's against the terms of the reservation contract, and we can see Tesla detecting it and pro-actively cancelling reservations which suddenly moved to a different person.

That said, it's also likely some folks have gotten friendly SA's to help make it go.

Regarding "helping" someone with the spot in line - the most worthy person to get the car is the next-guy-waiting-in-line imo.

I figure as the supply of much-cheaper-priced-reservations gradually dries up in the second half of the year, the whole topic will kinda go away.

I see this has been discussed a few times, but I don't really see an answer -- and trying to contact someone at Tesla is literally impossible.

At any rate, I have a M3P reservation that has now had a vin assigned (I've put it on hold) with delivery any time I press the "I'm Ready" button. But I've decided to move forward with my concurrent MYP reservation instead. I'd love to offer my spot to someone in this community, especially since I put my reservation in before any of the M3 price increases that took place in late March (my res is from 3/13/22)... but before doing so I wanted to see if this was even possible?

I'd rather help someone out here than lose my $250.

It looks like I can modify the reservation (which I'm sure would cause a slight delay) in order to change exterior/interior color and add FSD... current res config looks like this:

Reservation Number RN1167xxxxx
Price $58,990
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)

Your Model 3
Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive$58,990
Performance Upgrade Included
Pearl White Paint
Included
20’’ Überturbine Wheels
Included
Performance Brakes
Included
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Included
Performance Pedals
Included
All Black Premium Interior
Included
Autopilot
Included
30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
Included
Vehicle Price $58,990

TIA!
I would be interested as well if it's still available! I may have thoughts on a workaround. I cannot DM you directly, but if you still have the reservation and are interested in letting go of it, feel free to message me at ryan9redsox (at) yahoo com