Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfer of ownership, new owner has supercharged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my M3LR back in October to a dealer, sale went ok. Finance has been cleared but for some reason the app wouldn't let me mark the car as not mine or sold. Tried more than once. I deleted my payment card to be safe.
Time moved on and I have a new M3P under company Lease so a different Tesla email account.

This weekend I have emails telling me to update my payment card so they can charge for the recent Supercharge. I've logged in and it won't let me mark the car as sold due to the payment (which i'm not paying!). The email links me to an email address that doesn't work [email protected] (bounces) and also [email protected] is apparently no longer monitored!

Love to help the new owner out by sorting this but being thwarted somewhat! If your a new owner of a 21 reg Grey LR ending DUH then its you i'm trying to help here but looks very much like i'm going to have to leave this to take its course and what for them to contact me unless somebody has a better idea.

Wow, that's frustrating. I recently sold my 2015 S70D to a dealer and got a transfer request from someone claiming to be the new owner. I asked the dealership to verify before I approved the transfer, but during the wait Tesla unilaterally pushed the transfer through without my intervention. Maybe they were in a hurry to strip the vehicle of unlimited free Supercharging that I had paid for.