TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Transferable Free Unlimited Supercharging + AP 2.0 resale value in the future?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximilien, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

#1 Maximilien, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    I am curious how transferable FUSC will leave the impact on the resale value?

My Model X, having purchased in 2017 June, the FUSC is not transferable but I intend to keep the vehicle long. My Model S is for my business and is on lease, so I am thinking of just returning it but then it seems FUSC is going away after Sept 16th even for S & X and I wonder if I should buyout if the resale value may go up due to limited number of cars (AP 2.0, refreshed, and FUSC)? I purchased it Oct. after the announcement of FSD and the car delivered Dec. 2016.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I don't think that I would pay much for it, but some may. And it is probably heavily location dependent.
    In the first 5,000 miles on my Model 3, I've used about $50 of supercharging. I really don't expect to pass $200 for the year.

But being in Irvine (where I happen to be typing right now) There are probably a number of people who would rely on Superchargers for normal charging, the value would increase to them. I mostly charge at home,
    But hey, when it comes time to order you 3, I've got a referral code for you ;)

• Like x 1
  3. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Yeah, I guess it will be worth a lot to people on frequent trips but now so much for short commuters. But still I think supplies will decrease over time and can appreciate the value.

Cool, are you on business trip from GA?

And I found out I can refer myself too :D But thank you for the offer tho'

4. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Anyone knows the exact cut off date for transferable ownership of FUSC? My guess is like Jan 1 2017?

5. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

Completely negligible to 99% of buyers.

6. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

So... you mean people don't care FUSC?

Considering sizeable number of people switched Model 3 AWD to Performance Model 3 for FUSC speaks the volume for it is definitely one of the selling factors.

7. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

It’s a psychological benefit at best.

400kwh per year is more than enough for most people. Even if you double that usage you’re talking about a whopping $80 benefit.

I think you’re vastly over estimating the number of people that bought performance Model 3s exclusively for free supercharging.

If you’re banking on this to prop up your car’s value, you’re going to be sorely disappointed.

8. RAVAGESofTIME

RAVAGESofTIME Member

It may become worth something if the car ever becomes autonomous and part of the Tesla Network as a taxi, but I doubt it, in more ways than one.