Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfering Model S to Netherlands - stuck with forms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello here, I have just moved from Norway to Netherlands, and I couldn't let go of my Model S.
So, I am in the process of trying to get Dutch plates on it. I am trying to navigate through the forms from the Belastingsdienst (the "Berekening bpm" from and the "Aangifte-bpm" form.) I realize that my Dutch isn't quite good enough to get through this and tried to get help from the Belastingsdienst. However, they referred me to a help document which was also in Dutch... So I am wondering if someone in here has already done this process, and has a filled out copy of these forms which can be used for my process?

Asbjørn

Hello here, I have just moved from Norway to Netherlands, and I couldn't let go of my Model S.
So, I am in the process of trying to get Dutch plates on it. I am trying to navigate through the forms from the Belastingsdienst (the "Berekening bpm" from and the "Aangifte-bpm" form.) I realize that my Dutch isn't quite good enough to get through this and tried to get help from the Belastingsdienst. However, they referred me to a help document which was also in Dutch... So I am wondering if someone in here has already done this process, and has a filled out copy of these forms which can be used for my process?

Asbjørn
Or take some pics of the forms and post them here. You'll probably will get some help with the translations.

Here's the info you need. Sorry, no translation.
Google is your friend:
Are you moving to the Netherlands from a non-EU country? And do you want to import your moving estate tax-free in the Netherlands? Then you must do a declaration for import of your moving house at the Customs. You indicate that you want to import your moving estate tax-free.

This declaration can not be done alone. The declaration goes through your moving company with the Digital Customs System (AGS) of the Customs. Your moving company specifies the moveable housing with a special code (exemption code), which allows you to enter your moving estate tax-free.

You can only get the exemption if you meet certain conditions. These conditions for exemption are at the bottom of this page.
Request exemption

Your moving company requests an exemption from customs with Customs in the Netherlands.

For the exemption, you will provide at your moving company:

An inventory list signed by you with all personal goods that you want to take to the Netherlands.

In addition, your moving company needs the following pieces of yours:

Proof of registration in the basic administration of the municipality in the Netherlands.
This must show that and on which date you have been based in the Netherlands. Do you have no proof of registration? Then you can send a proof of withdrawal from your country of departure. Then send one of the following proofs that make you likely to settle in the Netherlands:
Your employment contract
Your employer's statement
Your work permit
Your rental or purchase contract of the house where you will live
Do you want to enter a car or motor or other means of transport? Then send a copy of:
The license plate or registration certificate
The purchase or ownership certificate

Do not have all the requested papers (for example: a certificate of registration in the municipality of your new residence)? Then your moving company can apply for an exemption for moving goods under conditions. The requested papers must then be submitted to your moving company as soon as possible. Please contact your relocation company.

There are special rules for certain goods in your moving estate.

Are you also using a means of transport? Then you will make a separate declaration for the import of the means of transport for your moving company. Is the means of transport a car or motor? And do you get exemption from import taxes? Then you can enter the entry declaration (where there is an exemption code) to the bpm declaration point. There you can request exemption from the bpm (bpm = tax on passenger cars and motorcycles). The conditions for exemption are below.
Conditions for exemption

In order to get the import tax exemption, you must comply with the following conditions:

You move from a country outside the European Union to the Netherlands, and live in the Netherlands.
You will transfer your normal residence to the European Union.
You lived for at least 12 consecutive months outside the European Union.
You have the goods at least 6 months in use and in use.
You have used the goods and you will use them again.
You enter the goods within 12 months of living in the Netherlands.
You will not lend, pledge, rent or transfer the goods within 12 months of the date the goods were imported.

The exemption does not apply to the following goods:

Alcoholic products
Tobacco and tobacco products
Commercial vehicles
Non-portable material for professional purposes.

Are you also using a means of transport? Then you will make a separate declaration for the import of the means of transport for your moving company. Is the means of transport a car or motor? And do you get exemption from import taxes? Then you can enter the entry declaration (where there is an exemption code) to the bpm declaration point. There you can request a license for exemption from the bpm (bpm = passenger and motorcycle tax).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesnicus
Thanks a lot for the answers. As mentioned here, the forms are not too easy. I have included the two forms from the Belastingsdienst that they told me to use.
My moving situation is a bit more complicated, I am moving from Norway (outside EU; but inside EU economic zone), I have an apartment in Maastricht with my girlfriend here, and am already registered as a citizen in Maastricht. My work is still in Norway, but I am working from here most of the time. Do I still need a moving company to apply for the exemption? All my stuff is already here. I basically filled up the Tesla and left what didn't fit in the car.

Attachments

• aangifte_bpm_niet_vergunningh_bpm0132z19fol.pdf
    160.1 KB · Views: 52
  • berekening_bpm_bij_aangifte_melding_bpm0141b34fol.pdf
    212.7 KB · Views: 40