Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring a pre-order to correct Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
So I'm wondering if anyone can give me any guidance on this one.

Early this month through my existing Tesla account I scheduled a test drive of a Model Y, then a short time afterwards from the link in the test drive reservation I booked the order. I was never asked to log into my account. I paid for the order deposit with Apple Pay.

Tesla appears to have associated this order with my Apple Pay email address and sent me a note to complete setting up my Tesla account. Flabbergasted by this turn of events I contacted the CA who had assisted with the test drive.

He said he will put in a request to transfer the order to my Tesla account but that it is considered a non-standard request.

A week passed and nothing happened, I contacted him and he said he needed a copy of my driver's license.

I provided this over a week ago and the order still isn't showing up in my existing Tesla account.

Is this really so hard to do? Should I continue to trust the client advisor to fix this or should I take it up with Tesla corporate myself?

Thanks

I am guessing your issue is, you are getting caught up in all the people who have been (and likely still are) trying to sell reservations, then "transfer" them to someone else.

Once you get through to someone who realizes you are actually the same person, I would imagine it should be easier. Tesla seems to be cracking down on all the scalpers trying to sell reservations that they cant buy any longer for <insert reason, some true, some not>. You are probably caught in all that activity.

On a side note (complete side note), I just sold my wifes 2019 X3 which was our last BMW that we had, and bought her a Model Y performance. I Ordered it in jan of 2022 and just picked it up last week.

Its "orders of magnitude" better built than my 2018 Model 3 performance. I mean, I like my model 3 or I wouldnt have considered the model Y (even though my wife has been hinting for a while about how much she detests going to the gas pump, etc), but it was fairly amazing to me how much better her new model Y is for things like noise in cabin, etc.

Its not up to the level of the X3 it replaced (we ordered that X3), but its much closer than previously, and totally acceptable, at least to me.

I only mention this because I remember you also are familiar with BMWs and might be interested in an opinion from one of the "older school" bmw types.

Last edited:
If you have access to the account it’s attached to, just login in and do a remove vehicle and it will prompt for the email of the address of the account you want to move it too.

The account you want to move it to must exist prior to moving it.

If you have access to the account it’s attached to, just login in and do a remove vehicle and it will prompt for the email of the address of the account you want to move it too.

The account you want to move it to must exist prior to moving it.
I haven’t created an account for the new reservation as I’m worried about making things even worse but if I get nowhere in the following week I suppose I can attempt something like this

I am guessing your issue is, you are getting caught up in all the people who have been (and likely still are) trying to sell reservations, then "transfer" them to someone else.

Once you get through to someone who realizes you are actually the same person, I would imagine it should be easier. Tesla seems to be cracking down on all the scalpers trying to sell reservations that they cant buy any longer for <insert reason, some true, some not>. You are probably caught in all that activity.

On a side note (complete side note), I just sold my wifes 2019 X3 which was our last BMW that we had, and bought her a Model Y performance. I Ordered it in jan of 2022 and just picked it up last week.

Its "orders of magnitude" better built than my 2018 Model 3 performance. I mean, I like my model 3 or I wouldnt have considered the model Y (even though my wife has been hinting for a while about how much she detests going to the gas pump, etc), but it was fairly amazing to me how much better her new model Y is for things like noise in cabin, etc.

Its not up to the level of the X3 it replaced (we ordered that X3), but its much closer than previously, and totally acceptable, at least to me.

I only mention this because I remember you also are familiar with BMWs and might be interested in an opinion from one of the "older school" bmw types.
Thanks. I test drove a Y that was built in January and it is definitely far superior build quality compared to my Model 3. The suspension sadly is far worse but I guess I will learn to live with it.

Reactions: jjrandorin