Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring a reservation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the process for transferring a reservation to a family member. Hoping to hear back from people that have actually been through the process. how to contact the right people at Tesla, how long it took before the transfer was available to the new person, any other hoops that you had to jump through.

Thanks for the insight.

Rich

Hi - I was told to build the car under your reservation and then when delivery time comes, they can transfer the car to the new owner (family). My brother just built his car yesterday under my account/reservation, and delivery in a couple of weeks. He updated his registration on my account and put down his address. I'll let you know if any other updates but was told this was the way to proceed.

Hi - I was told to build the car under your reservation and then when delivery time comes, they can transfer the car to the new owner (family). My brother just built his car yesterday under my account/reservation, and delivery in a couple of weeks. He updated his registration on my account and put down his address. I'll let you know if any other updates but was told this was the way to proceed.
Hi, Any update on you brother Tesla 3 built under your account with updating the user info as his? It sounds like you don't have to anything. Appreciate very much!

I did same for my brother.
He had to be added to my account
(Currently 3 Tesla’s on my app)
Once he got his reg, he had to email to Tesla and they will take off my account and put onto his.
Here is process:
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. In order to transfer your Tesla into your brothers name in our system and gain access to the vehicle through MyTesla and the Tesla Application, we will need the following information:

1. Color copy or photo of your current driver’s license or state/province ID.

2. Copy or picture of your title or registration (Bill of sale does not qualify as a valid document. (If registering under a business, please include your business card with your name and name of the business)

3. Email address you would like linked to your account (your MyTesla email if you have already created an account)

4. Home or mailing address

5. Phone number

Please note the name on the title or registration must match the ID provided. Reply with this information (to [email protected]) and we will submit your request. Once submitted, please allow up to five business days for processing. You will receive an email notification once the transfer is complete.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your account, please feel free to contact us. Thank you again for contacting Tesla and have a great day!

Thank you,

I'll 2nd it taking about a month to get it transferred out of another account. As long as you guys trust each other to be able to totally spy on/control the other car, it works just fine. It did move a week before receiving the email saying they did it, and 2 weeks after them saying it'll happen shortly.