Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make, so please bear with us for the time being. Cheers!

Transferring Model 3 Reservation Step by Step

Xminus6

Sep 3, 2015
Bay Area, CA
I called earlier today and the representative requested for Title and Registration which I dont have yet from DMV. Did they ask the same for you?
I don't think so. Actually the buyer ended up calling and I think that was supposed to do it. I called just as added insurance but I don't recall if it was even needed. Frankly, the reason for the confusion is that Tesla themselves are not at all clear on how it's done. Some people say the RH has to call, some say the buyer calls, some say the buyer requests it at delivery. I've gotten as many answers as times I asked about it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC