Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring MYLR reservation to family member - Advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD of 9 Feb. Delivery will be in South Denver. I ordered because i ('21 MYLR) got rear ended Dec '21 and i ordered new MYLR just in case i needed to sell. i'm happy with repaired MYLR and therefore, I'm transferring my reservation to my mom. EDD 9 Nov to 23 Nov. Tesla says they'll support us in this transfer. Once I'm emailed that it's ready for pickup, we will have three way conference call (mom is in OK) to work out details, etc. Does anyone have any advice or experience with transferring reservation?

MYLR
19" Gemini
7 seat
tow
no SW Upgrades

You stated that "Tesla is going to support you in this" so there should be no issues, right? Just work with tesla to do it. All the hoop dancing people are doing is because they are selling reservations, which is not what you are doing... you are transferring it to your mom, as you said, right?

Not sure why you posted what the vehicle is in your post above, because that isnt relevant at all in a transfer to your family member, you and your mom know what the vehicle is, and its not relevant to anyone else, because its not a reservation sale, right?

• Funny
Reactions: theocguy
excellent point no idea why i mentioned the config. probably cuz I put config in another post right before this one. also, You are correct, I'm not selling the reservation, just transferring it to my mom. This is the first time i've done this, so that's why i'm asking. asking for advice or feedback from those who have experience in this type of endeavor, IMO, doesn't inherently imply i'm expecting issues.