Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring Plates - Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched, but didn't find a definitive answer. Will be picking up M3 on Sunday and transferring plates from a previous vehicle. It sounds like the delivery process is touch free in these COVIDy times, which leads me to believe Tesla is just going to register it on a generic plate and if I want anything special, it's up to me to do that at the tag office. Anyone picked up a car in Georgia lately who can shed some light on the experience?

• Helpful
Reactions: Coltcon
I searched, but didn't find a definitive answer. Will be picking up M3 on Sunday and transferring plates from a previous vehicle. It sounds like the delivery process is touch free in these COVIDy times, which leads me to believe Tesla is just going to register it on a generic plate and if I want anything special, it's up to me to do that at the tag office. Anyone picked up a car in Georgia lately who can shed some light on the experience?
That’s how it went a couple of years ago. It just takes a bit more time to sort out.

• Helpful
Reactions: BoddagettaRN
That’s how it went a couple of years ago. It just takes a bit more time to sort out.
Harumph. Normally, I DGAF, but it's my wife's car and she'll be pissed she can't use her PeachPass until the plate switches over (Doraville to Canton in the afternoon is gonna suuuuuuuuck). Oh well. Guess she has to drive the 4Runner for a month. :D

Once your “permanent” plate arrives in the mail, you take that and the plate you want to your local DMV and they will process the swap. Just did this yesterday for my wife’s new MY. We got lucky and it only took 2 weeks from delivery for her “permanent” plate to arrive.

Reactions: BoddagettaRN
Once your “permanent” plate arrives in the mail, you take that and the plate you want to your local DMV and they will process the swap. Just did this yesterday for my wife’s new MY. We got lucky and it only took 2 weeks from delivery for her “permanent” plate to arrive.
FYI, if you decide to swap for the AFV tag for Peach Pass access you will need to take a picture of your new AFV tag and email peach pass support a request to add that vehicle to your account, this will allow free passage on certain toll lanes.