Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring Slacker account from old car to new car - Not possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to pick up my new P90DL, and I inquired about the process to transfer my Slacker account from the old car to the new one. Tesla's response was you simply cannot. I don't want to lose all my stations that have been "trained" over the past couple years, and it seems ridiculous that it cannot be transferred.

Has anyone else run into this when getting another Tesla?

Here's what I did, although my circumstances might differ.
I sold my "old" car to a friend. Prior to doing so, I got the account credentials from [email protected] (I think that's the email) I logged in via my PC. I changed the account name and password to my email etc.
Then got the credentials to my new car, put them in the old car and let my friend know what I did to whom I sold my old car.
Logged into my new car with my own credentials.
Done.

Does Slacker Premium allow you to play just a specific artist in the car? That might be worth it at times.
...that's the point where I will pay for my account that is already registered to my email since I changed it from the Tesla email.
By then, Tesla may be providing Spotify to US cars and then you have to convert anyways if you want the integrated experience (vs. Bluetooth from Slacker app on your phone).