Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transparent Roadster Top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone know of an easy way to contact the company or Raffy?

He seems to have his pm's disabled?

I seem to have lost the from mount and screw for one side of the top and need to purchase a replacement.

@7racer, your profile doesn't show what country you are located in, but if you are in the USA the Visum top dealer is this company and perhaps they can help you mrfiat.com
anyone know of an easy way to contact the company or Raffy?

He seems to have his pm's disabled?

I seem to have lost the from mount and screw for one side of the top and need to purchase a replacement.

Sorry but no Mark77a, not normal. The poly is pulling away from the frame. The paper goes all the way through STRAIGHT through to the inside.

Normally the frame would block that.

I also get a rush of air and the poly of the top peels up at speed making me fear the poly will blow off. (The frame stays rigid .)

After seeing the pics the manufacturer wants me to go to the trouble of packing and then mailing to them. :/

They said they will fix. They better not scratch is all I have to say as the poly on my top is pristine.

Anyway, they answered quickly so I will attempt optimism, (although not typically in my nature.)

I guess the good news is Summer is here so a glass top is not necessary right now.

I will post from time to time what transpires.

Best,

T

I too have had an issue with my new Visium top, installed it about 2 months ago. Everything was fine up until yesterday when the passenger side door seal detached while I was driving. Looking at the glue job its pretty clear they're not using a sufficient amount of adhesive, not doing a good job distributing it across the surface and not compressing the seal while it cures. I haven't attempted to contact Mr. Fiat (from whom I bought the top) about the issue, but I might reach out to Maurizio (as suggested by BartJ). In the meantime, I took matters into my own hands and attempted to fix it myself.

Removed the old glue, ethanol cleaned the mating surfaces, put a heavy bead of 3M silicon on both hard plastic surfaces (top side), built a compression jig out of some clamps and 1" insulating foam board. The foam board seems to be nice balance of good rigidity and slight flexibility, giving good, even compression.

Some photos: Visium Reseal

We'll see how it holds up.

...the Premium is about 2.2 lbs lighter.

That's not correct I think, don't know from where you have this information ....

This is what I got from Maurizio , the manufacturer :

It can choose between two versions :
- Hardtop Visium Premium for Tesla Roadster cost 2400 Euro, insured shipping included. The offer includes: - Visium Hardtop Premium for Tesla, with anti-scratch treatment on both sides. - DTC certification - Protective Custody - Cleaning Kit -Insured shipping
-Hardtop Visium Basic for Tesla Roadster cost 1850 Euro The offer includes: - Visium Hardtop Basic for Tesla, with Anti-scratch treatment outer side only. - DTC certification -Insured shipping

It only takes 5 minutes to install the hardtop visium, number 6 with clamping bolts I remain at your disposal for further clarification.

Differences Noted:

Tesla Roadster Opel Speedster Vauxhall VX220 Transparent Hardtop Premium

Part: Tesla Hardtop
$3,290
Product Description
Premium transparent hardtop for Tesla Roadster, Opel Speedster, and Vauxhall VX220 models. Includes a cleaning kit and a cover for storage. The hardtop is made of a polycarbonate polymer very resistant and indestructible. Treated with anti-scratch and anti-UV on both surfaces, weighs 5 kg and has a shade of dark color for the reduction of glare, with a light transmission equal to 12%. This treatment ensures blackout: · An exact color perception making it pleasant and comfortable view. · Interior Privacy. · Protection from infrared and ultraviolet light. The installation takes 5 minutes through mechanical locks without any modification to the car.

Tesla Roadster Opel Speedster Vauxhall VX220 Transparent Hardtop Basic
Part: Tesla Hardtop Basic
$2,590

Product Description
Basic transparent hardtop for Tesla Roadster, Opel Speedster, and Vauxhall VX220 models. The hardtop is made of a polycarbonate polymer very resistant and indestructible. Treated with anti-scratch and anti-UV on outside surface, weighs 6 kg and has a shade of dark color for the reduction of glare, with a light transmission equal to 12%. This treatment ensures blackout: · An exact color perception making it pleasant and comfortable view. · Interior Privacy. · Protection from infrared and ultraviolet light. The installation takes 5 minutes through mechanical locks without any modification to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: markwj and wiztecy