Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transplanting the key card RFID to my phone Case

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also a minimalist, but here are the things I think I need in my wallet:

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Three health insurance cards
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

I'd love to avoid taking those—how do you get away without them?

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

I leave license in the car. I have three licenses. Lol. Two at home. I paid for the extra licenses.
I use Apple Pay. No credit card is needed.
Insurance card is in insurance app
Costco card stays in the car.
Organ donor status is printed on the license.
I have my Apple Watch and iPhone with me. No wallet.

Reactions: rpiotro

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

Doesn't every state's driver's license indicate if you are an organ donor these days? I thought a bill was passed back in the 90's for this.

Insurance AAA card in your wallet? I keep mine with my registration in the glove box, and I have a digital copy on my phone.

That's 2 things you likely don't need in your wallet.

I use Google Pay primarily. Have one CC and a driver's license with $100 in cash as "my wallet". Don't have any physical keys either.

Yeah, I tried it out because I was already using NFC for other cards. But I bet most people don't know this option even exists, especially if they never use NFC on their phones in the first place.
Yes, a lot of people are not aware Android can do this.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's listed in the Android Tesla release notes or features either
I think the Android Tesla app Google play release notes/features are the same as Apple app store

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

I used to carry a bunch of things I did not need as well. Like others have side, you can digitize some of those cards to be more "minimalist".

I leave both costco and sams cards at home and use their app, Sam's club it's better since you can self check out by scanning items as you put in your cart.

I take photos of my insurance cards and save them to favorites for easier/faster retrieval. Most of the time you just need the numbers, no need to carry the cards. I use this method (along with self email) for my passport etc when I travel , in case my wallet gets "lost" .

I did read somewhere apple was trying to digitize driver licenses into their "wallet" as well.

Hope this helps, should save you a few cards, unless you really need physical copies (ie Driver license, tesla key, credit and debit cards etc)

Reactions: KenC
Reactions: chrisduke
OK....but what if you lose your cell phone?

What if you lose your wallet?

Your car??

YOUR MIND ???

:D

Seriously though, I'd be way more likely to leave the house without my wallet vs. my phone, since the latter is how I enter/start the Tesla, communicate, use things like Notes at the grocery.

Heck, my wallet ( as opposed to my phone) could probably fall out of my pocket and I would've notice, since I don't use anything in it, it's just a place to stash my DL in case I get pulled over (and that will soon be handled via the phone as well), a few backup CCs, and my insurance cards (both of which I've also digitized).

They just announced Florida is being added by end of year.

I'm hoping California driver's license support is added to Apple Wallet soon :)

I'm looking forward to going "wallet-less" and just having a few backup cards/hardcopies of critical items stashed in the car.

Our Pubs (grocery) is ~2 miles south of us, I could easily do that run without needing a wallet, as long as my two primary driver requirements were on my iPhone (DL and insurance info).

However, I do like my custom photo Shutterfly case, and the Vena case is bulky... so what to do? Now that vax cards are a thing, I wear a lanyard which fits my vax card, and I put my ID and backup credit card and backup Tesla keycard in there.

I can only imagine doing this if you had to regularly pull out ID etc for work or something. Just wear one of these 😂

images

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and Ecoli

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' in a self driving car?
In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

A cup ' COLD tea.
Without milk or sugar.
OR tea!
In a filthy, cracked cup.
We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
But you know, we were happy in those days, although we were minimalists

Aye. BECAUSE we were minimalists. My old Dad used to say to me, 'Money doesn't buy you happiness.'
'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? call yourself a minimalist Hmph.

Well when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

We were evicted from our hole in the gound, we had to go live in a lake

You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

Cardboard box?

Call yourself a minimalist....Luxury

Neat idea, but personally I like to keep them separated. If I lose my phone I still have emergency key in wallet, and vice versa. That is also why I keep a credit card in my phone case...if I lose either one I can still pay for things and drive my car.

I like redundancy.

Going to get an RFID ring too, but haven't gotten around to confirming my ring size.

Driver's license
Organ donor card
Credit card
Debit card
Costco card
AAA card
Tesla keycard
Tile tracker

Drivers License.. I carry this, as my state doesnt' support Digital yet.
Organ Donor Card. My driver's license lists organ donation status
Health Insurance: I don't have a physical one, only a digital copy.
Credit Card. I only carry a single one, for places that don't take contactless
Debit. Dont carry one, as all my debit cards work thru Apple/Google Pay at the ATM machine
Costco Card. No need. Use the Costco App for entrance, and Apple/Google Pay for checkout
AAA Card. I have never needed to carry phsyical membership cards for anythign. I've always either entered them as a Loyalty Card on Google Wallet, or just kept a photo of the card in the phone. Nobody has ever hassled me over it.
Tesla Keycard. I used to not carry it, but lately I just sandwich it between my license and credit card, in case I need valet or something. I never valet my car, so the only time I needed it, was when I was getting a flat patched at Discount Tire. My phone case only holds 2 cards, but if I put the two cards halfway in, then I can stick a third card in between, and put all three cards all the way in.
Tile Tracker. I don't carry a wallet, so I don't need a tile tracker for my wallet. I just use a phone case that can hold 2 cards.

Sure, if I lose my phone, I would lose the cards in it... But the same would be true if I carried a wallet and lost my wallet.