Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Transporting a tree?

I transported a Christmas tree home today and wondered - how will the MX that's going to replace my old Highlander be able to haul a tree? I would assume that the falcon wing doors preclude having any sort of roof rack. The accessory hitch is probably not suitable for that purpose. What options are there?

NIssan LEAF might be better for the task...
:) I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

I transported a Christmas tree home today and wondered - how will the MX that's going to replace my old Highlander be able to haul a tree? I would assume that the falcon wing doors preclude having any sort of roof rack. The accessory hitch is probably not suitable for that purpose. What options are there?
Elon has talked/tweeted about a roof rack that you could put on one side of the Falcon Wing Doors that would be rated at speeds of up to 140 MPH. I'm thinking it was probably the Seasucker that goneskiian mentions above. They even had a surfboard on top of a Model X on one of these racks at the reveal, but they decided not to show it. They did have it there during the rehearsal (see backstage pics below). The other option would be converting to Judaism. You can fit a pretty big menorah in the back of a Model X.

BTW, you can click to see the full-size photos. Sorry they're blurry. I was pretty far away and I'm not a pro photographer. I point, I shoot. Sometimes I get lucky.

SAM_2620-surfboard-2.jpg

SAM_2617-surfboard-on-roof.jpg

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
And removing the sap from the leather should be great fun! ;-)

When I researched seat materials on the Model S, some thought the textile seats were better because you slipped less in them than the leather. Leaving the sap should solve that problem for the leather. So now we have air freshener and performance seating upgrade all in one and for a lot less than that expensive air filtration upgrade! :tongue:

I will loan you my truck! I might buy a small dump trailer that I can use for brush hauling and dump runs.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC