Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transporting Limited 10 ft Long Items in Seven Seat Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After all of the non-folding second row seats and 6 seat vs 7 seat discussion I thought I'd weigh in on my experience loading up some 10' long cargo in my 7 seat configuration.

I needed to pick up some EMT conduit for my upcoming Wall Charger installation (I have a J1772 station currently but it is positioned better to charge our LEAF than it is Model X). I came prepared with some towels to protect the seats and potentially the front or rear glass. It turned out being pretty simple to load the cargo, and thankfully the four EMT conduits were fairly heavy and it didn't seem like they would slide forward or backwards. I'm sure in an accident things wouldn't have been very pretty but I managed to make it home with no issues.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_9406.JPG
IMG_9408.JPG
IMG_9409.JPG

That's ridiculous. I was under the impression people that could afford a Model X would rent a truck or pay someone to do this sort of hauling for them.

Haha, and in my opinion this car I spent so much money on should be able to handle hauling simple things :)

I'm installing the wall charger myself so no reason to pay someone to pick up the conduit and deliver it to my house.

So a 6-seater would even be better, right?

I am debating to "upgrade" my 5 seat MX (yet to be produced or even planned to be produced by Tesla) to a 6 seater for larger cargo room (skis,...) and in order to get earlier delivery.
Good choice. 6 seats is perfect unless someone really, really needs 7.

So a 6-seater would even be better, right?

I am debating to "upgrade" my 5 seat MX (yet to be produced or even planned to be produced by Tesla) to a 6 seater for larger cargo room (skis,...) and in order to get earlier delivery.

It would be better for transporting long items, yes. I think something 10 ft would still need to go in to the front seat area though.