Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transporting wheels inside Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I hope someone can help me:
I am about to buy two sets of 19" wheels for my Model S. They are both quite far away but the two sellers are close to each other. Therefore I would like to pick all up in one roundtrip. Is it feasible to fit all 8 wheels inside (with the rear seats down of course)? If anyone has done it and give hints how to best stack them or has a picture, that would be great.
Thank you.

I was able to get four 22" wheels, in their boxes, into my Model S with the back seats down. It was a tight fit. If I didn't have the boxes, used the passenger seat and also the rear, lower storage compartment, I might be able to get two sets to fit. You might have more room keeping the back seat up actually. That would allow you to use the rear passenger footwell area too. Definitely no tyres though.

Years ago, we were able to fit two sets of 21" Arachnids (with tires) in a Model S. It was a very tight fit and only the driver could fit in the car. Originally we were going to drive them over 1500 km to California but we ended up shipping them instead

It's hard to see in the picture below but we reclined the front passenger seat and fit a wheel there as well.
20170710_174908.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I cannot see the picture in the last post.
Not putting the rear seats down is a good idea, hadn't thought about that but indeed there is a nice flat surface. I will post pictures should I succeed :)

Thank you, yes that helps. I wonder if putting them in standing (and properly attached) would allow for more. In my good old Prius I was able to fit in two sets without much trouble (they are admittedly smaller though).