Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trash Can for Model Y in Armrest storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

Should be getting my Model Y Long range in around a month and I have been looking at all the cool accessories you can get!

Now for trash in my old cars I had one that hung round the gear stick. But this obviously can't be done in the Y but looking around all of the available options are cupholders, door inserts or the center console. Is there nothing for the storage area under the armrest? This seems like the perfect place for me.

So is there any deep plastic insert I could use for the under armrest storage area?

Thanks.

Urr no hence why I want somewhere to put the rubbish......

It seems odd no company has created a plastic insert to use for trash for under the armrest, they seem to have catered for every other area!
all the jokes aside, if you constantly leave the trash, the smell will always be there even if you empty the trashcan everyday, which will be the perfect reason for the rats and bugs living in your car chew up all the wires and poop everywhere. Once they move in, it is very hard to get rid of them.

I don't store trash in my vehicle so I'm not understanding why you need a trash receptacle in the car. What are you doing in your car that would necessitate a trash receptacle? If you have an empty water bottle or wrapper from a snack simply take it with you exit the vehicle. Am I missing something here?

Reactions: bobbyjae
I got one of these to store all my garbage. Out of sight. It's quite big. Easy to slide out and dump into the bin at home.

1655302176098.png

Reactions: MY-Y
None of you have kids? No one has ever had a snack in their car or used medication while on a road trip? Wish I lived such a waste free life as everyone above me but if you’re regular parent who drives longer distances I’d suggest this option: BASENOR 2022 2021 2020 Tesla Model Y Trash Can PU Leather Garbage Bin with LED Light Garbage Cans Waterproof Garbage Bag https://a.co/d/aQHEmtp

Less than 20 easy to use without looking at it and keeps my car ALMOST as clean as everyone else 🙄

Reactions: mdsco
None of you have kids? No one has ever had a snack in their car or used medication while on a road trip? Wish I lived such a waste free life as everyone above me but if you’re regular parent who drives longer distances I’d suggest this option: BASENOR 2022 2021 2020 Tesla Model Y Trash Can PU Leather Garbage Bin with LED Light Garbage Cans Waterproof Garbage Bag https://a.co/d/aQHEmtp

Less than 20 easy to use without looking at it and keeps my car ALMOST as clean as everyone else 🙄
Just grab a few of these from the closet and use for the trip. By the way I have two kids (4 and 2), so I know. By the way, the mess that the kids create is not something you can put it in the trash can since it will be all the snack crumbs, stains, spills, etc. Having a dedicated trash can is really a bad idea in the car, especially during the hot months. 🤮

61dqMNvBM3L._SL1005_.jpg

Hi there,

Should be getting my Model Y Long range in around a month and I have been looking at all the cool accessories you can get!

Now for trash in my old cars I had one that hung round the gear stick. But this obviously can't be done in the Y but looking around all of the available options are cupholders, door inserts or the center console. Is there nothing for the storage area under the armrest? This seems like the perfect place for me.

So is there any deep plastic insert I could use for the under armrest storage area?

Thanks.
On etsy you can get tabs that slip into the dash with a hook so you can hang a bag.

Here's the real (fake) leather trash cans which go behind your seat and clips on to the storage compartment in the back.

Carwiner Trash Bag

It comes with plastic trash bags which clip on inside this leather trash bag, holding it open so you can easily reach around from the drivers seat, open the (magnetically held closed) trash bag, put your snotty, er... slightly used tissue into the trash bag, and then it easily closes.

It also has a light to allow you to see what's inside (not sure why you'd want to.

Convenient to have, especially with the included removable plastic bags.

This one has a Model Y logo on the front, looks reasonably nice.