Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trash Can for Model Y in Armrest storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the trash bag with the Tesla logo behind the passenger seat. I can teach it fairly easily from the driver’s seat and easy access for the kids in the back. We only put “dry” trash such as wrappers and masks in there.
View attachment 817030
With all of these style of trash bags, you can take them apart and flip it so the logo isnt visible too. I did that with mine so its plain black which i prefer.

So is there any deep plastic insert I could use for the under armrest storage area?
Welcome to the forum, and apologies for some of the lectures you received on not having a trash receptacle in your car. It is your car, and you can do what you want in it!

To answer your specific question: at one time there were several console trash cans like this one for the gen 1 console. However, I have not seen anything similar the gen 2 console you will have.

Your best bet may be to try none of the other options in this thread. I use this one, Velcro-ed to the back of my console so I can easily take it out when there is a middle seat passenger in the back.

Congrats, you are going to love the car!

Reactions: Gogoplata
Hi there,

Should be getting my Model Y Long range in around a month and I have been looking at all the cool accessories you can get!

Now for trash in my old cars I had one that hung round the gear stick. But this obviously can't be done in the Y but looking around all of the available options are cupholders, door inserts or the center console. Is there nothing for the storage area under the armrest? This seems like the perfect place for me.

So is there any deep plastic insert I could use for the under armrest storage area?

Thanks.
If you are talking about the storage box or tray for under the armrest, I've tried these. They fit well, but I do not use them often. They also have the trash bag or trash bin. I use the trash bin. It fits well on your seat back floor area.