TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

travel from New England to Wyoming

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by jmanning, May 3, 2016.

1. jmanning

jmanning Member

Has anybody from New England traveled to the areas around Wyoming using a Tesla. I am excited to do a road trip, and with the superchargers perfectly spaced out to that point I was wondering what the highlights and lowlights may have been.
    I was interested if anybody knows of discounts on hotels/motels if you get a reward type membership to a particular chain of hotels/motels. Has anybody used these discounts.

Considering hotels and food and some sight seeing will be the only cost, this could be an epic trip. My wife and I are teachers and our son turned 8 recently. Next summer would be great to do something towards Yellowstone, hitting Mt. Rushmore, Chicago on the way !!!

We have a 70D one year old this June 5, Anniversary coming up !!!!

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

on my recent trip to CO from FLA I joined IHG hotels (holiday inn).
    between points earned and bonuses 3 of my 8 nights on the road were "free". Holiday inns seem to be everywhere and many SpC are located close to one. be aware that prevailing winds and elevation changes as you approach the rockies will require you to charge up at least 20-30% more than the trip planner says.

3. pox

pox Member

I live in Riverton Wyoming, I have an 80amp at my office you can us if needed and the Hampton inn has a 40amp. Also not listed yet is the Hampton Inn in Casper Wyoming has 2 40amp chargers. All the KOA camp grounds I have tried will let you charge for a price as low at $2 to $20. The Sure Power station at Little America are free an 30amps, Use the Plug Share App to find more places, I add them every where I can.

4. jmanning

jmanning Member

thanks for the good info. With the expansion of the SC network it seems that going out there won't be a problem. Lower Yellowstone seems to be a place that will have a SC as well as a couple places to the southwest of there. Any particular places to stay while out there. How long do people suggest staying in Yellowstone? Our son will be 9 come next summer.