Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Travel planner that lets you input your range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a trip planning app that lets you input range yourself? On GoAnywhere, you only can choose by vehicle. We usually don’t charge to 100 percent, and our battery has degraded, so there isn’t an option that accurately reflects our starting mileage. Also, sometimes we are mid trip, away from the car and not fully charged. Generally, we can get close enough and I know you can do it in the car’s navigation, but it would be nice to be able to input an exact number in an app.

Maybe a stupid question, but. Are these meant to be loaded on your phone or on the car ????
ABetterRoutePlanner is browser based - you can run it on the browser in the vehicle, or, on your phone.. It can connect in via your Tesla account and get actual live data from your vehicle during the trip, so, things can get adjusted in terms of your trip and any charge stops... Haven't tried the others mentioned in the thread.

Reactions: GtiMart and StanMI
ABetterRoutePlanner is browser based - you can run it on the browser in the vehicle, or, on your phone.. It can connect in via your Tesla account and get actual live data from your vehicle during the trip, so, things can get adjusted in terms of your trip and any charge stops... Haven't tried the others mentioned in the thread.
I second the recommendation by mjptech for A Better Route Planner.... it works for multiple electric cars, just indicate what car, battery size, to and from destinations, time you are leaving and your state of charge on leaving (abbreviated SOC on this forum) and it will calculate locations for charging and if you have a Tesla, how much the charge will cost you. I could not get it to run on my car browser (I had to fill out a trouble ticket) but it runs fine and is stable on my iPhone... and I can scroll down the app to look at the next charging stop on line and enter it into my car destination. It tends to run the car SOC at a lower level than usual comfort, but the car charges faster at a lower SOC to start off with, and will minimize your overall time charging on the trip. On my trip to and from Boulder, CO, we tended to charge a little longer because we needed to take more time for bathrooms, walk the dog, and refreshments... or a picnic at noon or for dinner at the supercharger!

ABRP does have an app that works like the browser. I have it loaded on my phone, but really only use ABRP on my laptop.

EVTO is the other app-based planner I have used. It is OK, and still seems to be there, but had enough quirks that I prefer ABRP.