Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traveling out westwith my X75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 X 75D. my wife and I traveled the winter of 2019 during polar vortex to Denver from Boston and took a more southerly route back. we learned more about batteries and -22 cold then we ever thought we would need too.
Well our kids live in Steamboat Springs and Santa Fe so we are thinking we may do a trip again our west. while we travel top Sante Fe from Boston we are not too concerned about finding charging stations because we can follow interstates etc.
However traveling form Santa Fe to Steamboat is about 400 miles and there are no interstates so looking for thoughts about the best way to plan that part of our trip. MY realistic fully charged 75D Battery is about 150 miles. The car says it has 238 mile range on a full charge but as everyone knows that is more like 150 depending on weather altitude etc.
Not doing this until the end of the year and will be taking our dog. for now we will fly.
Thanks for any thoughts,
Bianchjjoe

Suggest you switch your display to percentage. miles are useless.

If you don't already, check out A Better Routeplanner as it is very accurate. I use it for all my route planning. I roughly plugged in some information and it looks like that route is questionable (planned route) A Better Routeplanner

aad35c424e1622e6062116fbac6d4d54.jpg

Upvote 0